Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,857 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

can't say I expected anything more than what I got here

AndyC Hi, my name is AndyC. How may I help you?

You hi, have a q about my account. tried to back a horse last night at 16/1 for 3 euro, it said my max stake was 1.50. i havent had any big wins on horses of any note for this to happen and after over ten years here this is a first. any idea why this might happen?

AndyC Hi Liam, I am sorry to hear that, each bet is taken on it own merit and our traders can sometimes implement restrictions for market Liability. You can free call from landline our dial a bet team on 1800 721 821 and our traders may be willing to take a higher stake from you.

You am i restricted on horse racing only? or is it everything do you know

AndyC Its taken upon each bet and not just a general sport I'm afraid Liam and this would be down to our traders.

You ok tks.

AndyC We apologise for any inconvenience but they may be willing to accept a higher stake by phone Liam.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

One for me today...

Noblest 5/1 (Kep 6:45)

Not much to write, as the filly is unraced, bu IMO she has good pedigree, so she has it in her to win races. Ryan Moore is aboard for her first outing, which (as always) is a good booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

tinodz wrote: »
    One for me today...

Noblest 5/1 (Kep 6:45)

Not much to write, as the filly is unraced, bu IMO she has good pedigree, so she has it in her to win races. Ryan Moore is aboard for her first outing, which (as always) is a good booking.

Missed the break, but got up to finish 5th. Think she could have had a good chance if she broke well, as she was darting through the field in the last furlong.

I am going to put her in a tracker and back her next time out, and hope she figured out the stalls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

8.45 Kempton Mystical Sapphire

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Had a look through the cards tomorrow. The flat at Newmarket has danger written all over it, late in the season, ground changing, not for me. Going to lump onto balbriggan in the cheltenham 5pm race. Horse changed stables not so long ago and they seem to be eeking out more progress from this kings theatre 7yr old. He's a worthy fav at 4/1. His form looks decent, with his win at Cartmel working out quite well (2nd, 3rd, 4th all went in nto). There are a few down the card who rate a danger, five star wilsham ran in this last yr but is up in weight and getting a bit long in the tooth, the young master scooted in lot but he's a bit young imo and lacking experience compared to the rest. This was a cracking race last yr with hunters lodge coming from miles back to win ( worth watching if you haven't seen).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭chopperp

Glad some of ye were on lads. Have a bit of your winnings on Even Stevens tomorrow in the second last at Nottingham. Down to a very dangerous mark and again has ran better than some of his results may suggest. Loves heavy ground and could out run his odds of 16/1, PP are top price and money back if second or third. Down to a mark of 79 and won a Wolv handicap back in February off 98. Even a reproduction of his five length defeat by Top Boy in a much better race than this at York off 11lbs higher should see him involved here.

Get the wheelbarrows ready for one on Saturday choo choo

I have the wheelbarrow ready what's the word ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

chopperp wrote: »
    I have the wheelbarrow ready what's the word ?
    Was going to say Le Bec but withdrawals mean he's top weight and he might be a bit skinnier than I thought. I might be holding fire

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I give Band of Blood a good chance in the novice chase at 4 oc in Cork today.He never jumped fences in public but always looked as if he would make a chaser.I doubt if the man on his back today would take the ride unless he was sure he can jump as he is only just back from injury.The fact that Band of Blood has not run for 5 months should not put anyone off as he has won first time out following a layoff for the past two seasons,he appears to run well fresh and at 7 or 8 to 1 he is a good ew bet imo and goes on any ground.

I give Band of Blood a good chance in the novice chase at 4 oc in Cork today.He never jumped fences in public but always looked as if he would make a chaser.I doubt if the man on his back today would take the ride unless he was sure he can jump as he is only just back from injury.The fact that Band of Blood has not run for 5 months should not put anyone off as he has won first time out following a layoff for the past two seasons,he appears to run well fresh and at 7 or 8 to 1 he is a good ew bet imo and goes on any ground.
    Just got word that Band is not too well fancied today,a bit late for me im afraid but they often win anyway and with the good first time out record I am still hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Boom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

Zimmer u maniac of a man!

Dunston wrote: »

I am not sure I qualify for the title "maniac" but I am not too worried what I am called.I got the cash because I was on band of blood for the very sound reasons I posted here,then I was informed by7 someone who knows the time of day that he was not too well fancied and so I reported that info here and might not have backed the horse had I heard he was not fancied earlier.The fact that the money came for band means that my informant did not get it right but that's racing every tip does not win and sometimes we are told a horse is not fancied and it comes out and wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Magical Daze 7/1 looks very big in the next at Bath. Very good chance here.

I am not sure I qualify for the title "maniac" but I am not too worried what I am called.I got the cash because I was on band of blood for the very sound reasons I posted here,then I was informed by7 someone who knows the time of day that he was not too well fancied and so I reported that info here and might not have backed the horse had I heard he was not fancied earlier.The fact that the money came for band means that my informant did not get it right but that's racing every tip does not win and sometimes we are told a horse is not fancied and it comes out and wins.

Sorry that came across wrong. It was meant to be a compliment! I backed it myself after reading both your messages

Sorry that came across wrong. It was meant to be a compliment! I backed it myself after reading both your messages

Dunston wrote: »

Not a bother I am always happy if we take money from the ould enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Coltard

4.30 Plumpton Invicta Lake 7/1
    4.40 Pontefract Embsay Crag 13/2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Coltard wrote: »
    4.30 Plumpton Invicta Lake 7/1
    4.40 Pontefract Embsay Crag 13/2

Boom! Got him at 8/1 and stuck a fiver on the double too! Cheers!

• Advertisement

4.50 Windsor
    Pharoah Jake 7/2

Dave147 wrote: »
    Boom! Got him at 8/1 and stuck a fiver on the double too! Cheers!

least one of them came in :-)

and last bet for today is
    5pm Imperial Plan 6/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Gregk961 wrote: »
    Jammy guest 2pm ascot. Looked a decent 2yo and seemed like a good sort for nurserys until a stinker last time out. If your willing to forgive that he has a good each way chance and has been supported from 25's to 16's which is significant surely

Runs tonight at kempton at 8.55. I could be going off the cliff here completely with this horse but i know if he can just run close to his ability hes in with a great shot, ew 20to1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Queen of Alba at 16/1 and Beach of Falesa 10/1 next at Navan, Beach of Falesa won last year off two pounds higher under Joseph O'Brien, Ana is claiming 7lbs so has to be worth an e/w squeak.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,000 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Forceful Beacon 20-1 ew 9.20
    Me like

Just backing one horse today PURCELLS BRIDGE 2 50 Carlisle,has top weight in a poor handicap but with the capable claimers allowance he is not giving much weight to most of an uninspiring field.The fav won last time but was pulled up in its two previous runs so its hard to know if its last run was a flash in the pan.Purcells Bridge has good cd form and acts on the ground,should be fav by my reckoning and i have had a good ew bet at 5s.

Just backing one horse today PURCELLS BRIDGE 2 50 Carlisle,has top weight in a poor handicap but with the capable claimers allowance he is not giving much weight to most of an uninspiring field.The fav won last time but was pulled up in its two previous runs so its hard to know if its last run was a flash in the pan.Purcells Bridge has good cd form and acts on the ground,should be fav by my reckoning and i have had a good ew bet at 5s.

I backed the fav in this earlier on today. Don't think he'll bounce as it he won eased down the last day at Sedgefield. Change of country and trainer are legitimate reasons for the change in form. Due to go up 10lbs after todays run and well treated on earlier form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

3.25 Carlisle
    Mowhawk bridge

4.30 Carlisle
    Persian Herald

• Advertisement

Seaside Shuffle at 4/1 @2pm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement