Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Steps my only bet today.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Coltard

Not as a nice a start as yesterday.

I've decided to go all out with a large % of yesterdays winnings and lump on Elm Park in the 3.50. Short Price but can't see it getting beaten

4.05 Fieldmouse 14/1 each way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Lots of difficult racing today and I am only having 3 bets in some of the more solvable races.Jacobean (see tips section)3 50 Doncaster 10/3 pp,On Tour 10/3 Ladbrokes 3 20 Strat and Louis the Puis 11/4 pp 5 oc Doncaster.Three singles and an ew Trixie.All have decent chances and I believe we shall get a run for our money.

On Tour does the biz at 9/2 nothing to get too excited about but it means that I gave nothing back out of yesterdays gains.

cruais wrote: »
    Zimmermania, who did u place the bet with? I threw a small ew on side glance with pp. They said he placed but haven't paid me
    Side Glance finished 4th,like you I had my bet with PP who are only paying 3 places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Bush Beauty in the next looks like he'll take all the beating.

He came into a bit of touble in the last race and still won
    only up 3lbs.

Looks the winner here hopefully.

Pay for a few drinks tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

maximo31 wrote: »
    George Cinq (6.45 Wol) for me E/W tonight @ 13/2.
    Money has come for him last few runs but tends to get stuck in behind and has struggled to get out in time. If he gets out i think he has a great chance.

Second at 11/1.

The November Handicap is a real good race at Leop on Sunday,one or of the layers will almost certainly go 5 places.
    I am not a fan of the fav Stomachion sent over by Michael Stoute. My 2 against the field are Hidden Universe and Digeanta two very good stayers in good form.There is a line of form that gives a bit of a chance to Waydownsouth
    who only has a featherweight to carry.This one has been racing over all kinds of distances from 7 furlongs to 2 miles,he does stay and a modest bet is all that can be advised.I think the winner will be Hidden Universe or Digeanta and a saver on WAYDOWNSOUTH 40/1 Ladbrokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'll take hidden Universe and a small chance waydownsouth as my only bets for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Just Pumbaa 1:55 Galway for me today, went like a rocket last race and fancy to do the double

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭oldfella

albert bridge and majenta e/w 3.25 leop for me..

Only 1 bet for today
    Champagne Present in the 12.55 at 9/4.
    I'm sure this price is going to shorten up quite a lot !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Mr burgees in 12.55 11/2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Hidden Universe and Pale Mimosa double.

Seanie e/w double in Leop 2.15 8/1
    Distime Aintree 2.05 5/2

Zimmermania, who did u place the bet with? I threw a small ew on side glance with pp. They said he placed but haven't paid me
    I gave you wrong info,in my regular PP office just half an hour ago I asked the manager if they paid 3 or 4 places on the Cox Plate.When the manager checked the screen I was pleasantly surprised to be told they were paying 1/4 odds 4 places.I handed in my €20 ew slip and got back €120 a nice unexpected €80 profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I gave you wrong info,in my regular PP office just half an hour ago I asked the manager if they paid 3 or 4 places on the Cox Plate.When the manager checked the screen I was pleasantly surprised to be told they were paying 1/4 odds 4 places.I handed in my €20 ew slip and got back €120 a nice unexpected €80 profit.

Been onto PP online today and they said it's 1/5 1,2,3 so no joy for my €5 e/w.

Thanks zimmermania! I emailed pp and they said they were only placing 3.... would have been nice!

Windsor Park is all the rage for the 4 15 Galway,this one has won a few bumpers and won his maiden very easily and is obviously well thought of and could on to be a top class hurdler in time.Marchese Marconi is a battled hardened handicapper who ran his best race ever behind El Salvador recently.As things stand Marchese would be better rated than Windsor Park and can be backed at 5/2 while Windsor is 1/2.Those taking the short price are betting on the potential rather than what the horse has actually achieved so I have backed Marchese Marconi and I am hoping it will drift more in price.Windsor has a way better pilot on board the OBrien girl claims 7lb which might prove valuable.

Thanks zimmermania! I emailed pp and they said they were only placing 3.... would have been nice!
    This just goes to show that we are being ripped off on our online accounts,i can get 1/4 odds all handicaps in my local pp office with heat ,light ,rent,rates and staff to be paid and yet when I queried pp in an email asking why I was getting less value for betting in a way that was most profitable to pp I was informed that offices offer different concessions.I now seldom bet ew online unless I have to.

The November Handicap is a real good race at Leop on Sunday,one or of the layers will almost certainly go 5 places.
    I am not a fan of the fav Stomachion sent over by Michael Stoute. My 2 against the field are Hidden Universe and Digeanta two very good stayers in good form.There is a line of form that gives a bit of a chance to Waydownsouth
    who only has a featherweight to carry.This one has been racing over all kinds of distances from 7 furlongs to 2 miles,he does stay and a modest bet is all that can be advised.I think the winner will be Hidden Universe or Digeanta and a saver on WAYDOWNSOUTH 40/1 Ladbrokes.
    Waydownsouth runs a very good race to finish 6th,i was on at 40s 5 places

• Advertisement

Windsor Park is all the rage for the 4 15 Galway,this one has won a few bumpers and won his maiden very easily and is obviously well thought of and could on to be a top class hurdler in time.Marchese Marconi is a battled hardened handicapper who ran his best race ever behind El Salvador recently.As things stand Marchese would be better rated than Windsor Park and can be backed at 5/2 while Windsor is 1/2.Those taking the short price are betting on the potential rather than what the horse has actually achieved so I have backed Marchese Marconi and I am hoping it will drift more in price.Windsor has a way better pilot on board the OBrien girl claims 7lb which might prove valuable.
    Despite drifting in betting Windsor wins easily

Ayr 1.20 & 4.20

Royal Sea Breeze 10/1

Boa Island 6/1

Fancy Crawford as a trainer. Hes quite shrewd. Normally does well at track and cant see him sending 2 horses over for nothing.

He does well in bumpers and maiden hurdles and he has a horse in each today.

12.40 Highest Level 9/4
    1.20 Ayr MacGillyCuddy 66/1 each way.
    3.20 Gibbstown 6/1

There is a Godolphin horse Romance Story running in the 7 40 Wol,it is a little bit unusual for Godolphin to be running their horses in nurseries.Ran well on the track lto and with a useful claimer on board I backed it ew,at 7or 8 to 1 there might be a bit of value in this one.

7.40 Forza Blacky 12/1 each way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

Two for me tomorrow E/W. Archie's Advice (5.25 Kempton) and Frederika (2.00 Nottingham). Both around 5/1 at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

There is a Godolphin horse Romance Story running in the 7 40 Wol,it is a little bit unusual for Godolphin to be running their horses in nurseries.Ran well on the track lto and with a useful claimer on board I backed it ew,at 7or 8 to 1 there might be a bit of value in this one.

Great shout zimmer, cheers :)

nice pic zimmer

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

Nice pick

• Advertisement

Nice to get the price right and then the horse to go on and win,a long wait for my only bet today but worth waiting for.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement