Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,320 ✭✭✭CH3OH

reminds me of a song: Things can only get better D:Ream

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

CH3OH wrote:
    reminds me of a song: Things can only get better D:Ream

and hopefully tomorrow I can sing

" its a beautiful day " ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Todays best bet is Mission Approved 5 30 Kempton,Beaten 3/4 of a length at Ascot LTO in a much better race and before that 4 1/2 6th of 26 in the Ayr Silver Cup.The Ayr form is particularly good in that he was drawn in stall 8 and "won" the race on his side of the track.
    The five that finished in front of him that day were drawn in 27 26 25 18 22.Trained by Luca Cumani,whose horses are running very well this is a maximum bet for me.I backed it ew last night at 7/2 and again this morning at 3/1 for a win.The 4 year old handles the course well as his previous form testifies,Adam Kirby rides and I will be shocked if this one is beaten today.I firmly believe that only trouble in running can get him beaten and I have not been as confident about a horse for a long time.The price on this is likely to shorten up and I will not be surprised if he goes off at 2s or 7/4
    Sorry about that one guys,Kirby got himself in a bit of muddle on the inside and while he would not have won it is very likely he would have got me the place money and reduced the losses.It was a bit of a setback to a reasonably good punting period but we shall plod on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,791 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

10.05 Goldencents 5/4

Looks a good thing, won the race last year from a poor draw, has a better draw this year and has beaten the 2nd fav a few times.

1.20 Avispa 11/8

Looks a nice prospect and being well backed rumors are he is meant to be highly thought of.

2.05 Tiger Roll 9/4

Won the triumph well and beat Calipto giving him a stone and needing the run. It is a tough race but he could be special and beat these today.

I will probably back them on their own but just done €10 treble pays €173

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Nuts102 wrote: »
    10.05 Goldencents 5/4

Looks a good thing, won the race last year from a poor draw, has a better draw this year and has beaten the 2nd fav a few times.

1.20 Avispa 11/8

Looks a nice prospect and being well backed rumors are he is meant to be highly thought of.

2.05 Tiger Roll 9/4

Won the triumph well and beat Calipto giving him a stone and needing the run. It is a tough race but he could be special and beat these today.

I will probably back them on their own but just done €10 treble pays €173

I think if Tiger Roll is to be considered a champion hurdle horse this year then he should give weight and a beating to Artic Fire who is a decent animal himself.

If he's the horse he was at Cheltenham and not Punchestown last year he will take all the beating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Mccoy goes for one in the bumper at Uttoxeter tip in itself 4-1 Stand Aside

I backed two in Dundalk tonight,Bubbly Bellini 6 10 and Slipper Orchid 7 10 I backed both ew and did not take a price as PP are offering double odds for any 4/1 winners and PP are also paying 4 places in the 7 10.These two have plenty Dundalk form which is also a help.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Coltard

6.55 Next Generation 40/1 (each way!)

I backed two in Dundalk tonight,Bubbly Bellini 6 10 and Slipper Orchid 7 10 I backed both ew and did not take a price as PP are offering double odds for any 4/1 winners and PP are also paying 4 places in the 7 10.These two have plenty Dundalk form which is also a help.

I can't bring myself to back anything in Dundalk .. my most hated venue:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Coltard wrote: »
    6.55 Next Generation 40/1 (each way!)

Was this a joke?

No form whatsoever

• Advertisement

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Was this a joke?

No form whatsoever

No, it wasn't a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Was going to say Le Bec but withdrawals mean he's top weight and he might be a bit skinnier than I thought. I might be holding fire

5-1 favourite for 3.35 at Ascot today, still reckon he has a good chance?

Arthur Moore is sending over Pass The Hat in the 3:35. 10-1 I think is good ew value for a horse who I've heard is flying at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

Gregk961 wrote: »
    5-1 favourite for 3.35 at Ascot today, still reckon he has a good chance?

Would def be carrying more weight had he not fallen when travelling well in the RSA. Must have a good chance today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Ascot 12.40 Rhapando
    Newmarket 12.50 Yorkidding

Santa Anita I'll be backing Flintshire, Shared Belief and Stephanie's Kitten. Good luck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

TheTorment wrote: »
    Arthur Moore is sending over Pass The Hat in the 3:35. 10-1 I think is good ew value for a horse who I've heard is flying at home.

Like Le Bec, was a faller last time out and would be much shorter than 10/1 only for this. Should still be improving at age 7. Might dutch the two of them

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

Dunston wrote: »
    Like Le Bec, was a faller last time out and would be much shorter than 10/1 only for this. Should still be improving at age 7. Might dutch the two of them

Money Back on all faller in ascot today with PP. hopefully that wont matter and it romps home. :D

12.20 Take Note 33/1 e/w

COME ON First Lieutenant

Santa Anita 7.43 Stephanie's Kitten 5/1

• Advertisement

Santa Anita 7.43 Stephanie's Kitten 5/1

Friend who follows American racing has been banging on about this all week.

But going to go with Dank.

Fancies for this evening

Torondao 10/3
    No Nay Never 6/1
    Chiquita 10/1

Friend who follows American racing has been banging on about this all week.

But going to go with Dank.

Fancies for this evening

Torondao 10/3
    No Nay Never 6/1
    Chiquita 10/1

Chiquite I'm on as well e/w
    I've decided against Torondao, too short a price for me and I think there's good value in Trade Storm at 16's

A lot of good but difficult to solve puzzles at Santa Anita this evening.The race that most interests me is the 10 22 Breeders Cup Turf which attracts some of the best middle distance horses in Europe as will as the home team.Because a lot of punters are familiar with the horses from this side of the world I think they start at odds shorter than their true chance and it sometimes pays to look a bit more closely at the US horses.Main Sequence who used to be trained over here has been doing just enough to win in grade 1s and must have a chance.The one I have backed is the lightly raced Hardest Core who was very impressive when winning a grade 1 in Arlington in august from Aiden OBriens Magician and Side Glance who was 4th in the Cox Plate in Australia just a week ago.
    That race was over a mile 2 but Hardest Core won it in spectacular style-over 3 lengths down a furlong and a half out he came with a strong run and won going away without coming off the bridle.OBriens horse,Adelaide who won the Cox plate won in Arlington the same night also over 1 mile 2 but Hardest Core was more than half a second faster.He won his previous race over a mile and half and should have no trouble with the trip or ground He was trained for this and should be ready after a good break.I believe the gelding will improve again and take all the beating at the good price of 10/1 so he can be backed ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

no nay never 6/1 ew cant understand how this is so big, same as hootenanny
    flintshire 11/4
    toronado win 10/3
    bigger bet on toronado place at 4/5 (hills) too big to ignore imo

Does anybody know what the story is with guaranteed prices.

Done doubles and treble Thursday night looks like they will all return bigger i presume because it's America i will only get those prices, but if they win i won't complain.

Hootenanny 7/2
    Toronado 2/1
    No Nay Never 4/1

Chiquite I'm on as well e/w
    I've decided against Torondao, too short a price for me and I think there's good value in Trade Storm at 16's

I can just see Chiquita turning the bend on the bridle and running off the track.

Does anybody know what the story is with guaranteed prices.

Done doubles and treble Thursday night looks like they will all return bigger i presume because it's America i will only get those prices, but if they win i won't complain.

Hootenanny 7/2
    Toronado 2/1
    No Nay Never 4/1

you are right sadly, dont even want to think of how much more it would come to
    I'll be praying that treble comes up for you :D

mailburner wrote: »
    you are right sadly, dont even want to think of how much more it would come to
    I'll be praying that treble comes up for you :D

Just looked on the open bet and (gp) is beside the prices so i presume hopefully it means guaranteed prices.

Just looked on the open bet and (gp) is beside the prices so i presume hopefully it means guaranteed prices.

great stuff, looks good

• Advertisement

Unless something is gone wrong i cant understand the price on No Nay Never i think he is a certainty he is top class.

PP going money back if 2nd or 3rd in the race i have to go in again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement