Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

tinodz wrote: »
    Bold Thady Quill Win 20/1
    Bold Thady Quill Top 5 Finish 3/1
    (Curragh 4.55)

Has not had a win in well over 2 years, but I adore the horse.

Both these on Paddy Power. I think that Top 5 price looks great!

I have honestly no idea where it placed. Have not seen a race that strung out in a long time.

Giving this a go...

Borderlescott 25/1 (3:30 Musselburgh)

Last year, this race was ran on Good to Firm, and Borderlescott was headed by a nose. Back in October, he had an outing on the same course/distance and once again finished second (this time by a length). Borderlescott's favourite going is however Soft - and that is what the track is today.

First time out on a track where he has placed regularly, but now on going he seems to like. Worth a small shot at those odds for me!

Giving this a go...

Borderlescott 25/1 (3:30 Musselburgh)

Last year, this race was ran on Good to Firm, and Borderlescott was headed by a nose. Back in October, he had an outing on the same course/distance and once again finished second (this time by a length). Borderlescott's favourite going is however Soft - and that is what the track is today.

First time out on a track where he has placed regularly, but now on going he seems to like. Worth a small shot at those odds for me!

2nd again!! :eek:

Slattsy clear your message inbox

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

TheTorment wrote: »
    Slattsy clear your message inbox

He,s in munich on his stag for the weekend,i dont know if he has access to wi-fi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

If that's a tip your sharing my inbox is clear!

I'm sharing a few tips for his wedding night.....just so he wont be embarrassed! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Ha ha. Nice one. Its night time here. I'm still enjoying the Saturday evening where I am :)

I pm'd them to you too..with pics. Worth looking at!

Where is here?

Giving a few at Cork a shot today that have good history in bad conditions. (Going is Heavy to Soft today)

Prince Kup 4/1 (1.55)
    Ran well in what was basically a bog in France - so might like it today

Ecmon 7/2 (2.30)
    Odds on horse in this was a beaten fave last 3 times out. My pick has good history in soft conditions.

Reflet Ambre 7/1 (3.00)
    Another one that love the bog! Stablemate is the current fav, but this one had better form in this conditions.

Singles and a little 180/1 Treble for the hell of it. Would be happy if one came in for a bit of profit.

• Advertisement

Prince Kup 4/1 (1.55) Place

Ecmon 7/2 (2.30) Win

Reflet Ambre 7/1 (3.00) Lose

4/1 SP win on Ecmon made it an okay day. Some profit for day

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I meant to reply earlier, I backed your horses, all to win and then as a treble, money up so happy out thanks for that, keep them coming :D

On Bold Thady Quill 25/1 (Cork 3.30) again tomorrow.

Outsider of the whole field, but has had 4 races at 6f in his life. Won 2 and placed in 1.
    He won this exact race in 2013, and it looks to me like he getting trained to have a decent shot at this despite his age.

Look back to 2013, what were the last two outings before he won...

8TQwuKY.png

... a 1m in Dundalk followed by a 1m at Curragh. Both unspectacular.

Fast forward to 2015, his last outings in March were...

qZVvYqa.png

... a 1m in Dundalk followed by a 1m at Curragh. Both unspectacular - again!

I think it is planned for BTQ to at least have a good go tomorrow. Of course, BTQ as not had a win 2 years. The last win was this exact race in 2013!

There a lots of reason not to back him, but I like the horse, and have convinced myself he will get one more - even at growing age! Hope it is tomorrow...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm hoping to get to the pub this afternoon so that'd be a nice little winner of it comes in, thanks, fiver each way from me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

On Bold Thady Quill 25/1 (Cork 3.30) again tomorrow.

Outsider of the whole field, but has had 4 races at 6f in his life. Won 2 and placed in 1.
    He won this exact race in 2013, and it looks to me like he getting trained to have a decent shot at this despite his age.

Look back to 2013, what were the last two outings before he won...

8TQwuKY.png

... a 1m in Dundalk followed by a 1m at Curragh. Both unspectacular.

Fast forward to 2015, his last outings in March were...

qZVvYqa.png

... a 1m in Dundalk followed by a 1m at Curragh. Both unspectacular - again!

I think it is planned for BTQ to at least have a good go tomorrow. Of course, BTQ as not had a win 2 years. The last win was this exact race in 2013!

There a lots of reason not to back him, but I like the horse, and have convinced myself he will get one more - even at growing age! Hope it is tomorrow...

well done

duckysauce wrote: »
    well done

Yup, well done, 5 ew and in the pub happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Blair Perrone to get me some money back from all those titty bars ;)

Should have got another dance :(

Thunder and Roses.
    Really fancied him at Cheltenham and was never put into.

MyMurphy is my fancy, money going on here in the pub

• Advertisement

Was tempted by My Murphy too.

Ted Walsh hardly sent his horse over to Cheltenham with the handbrake on??

Slattsy wrote: »
    Thunder and Roses.
    Really fancied him at Cheltenham and was never put into.

Dances are on me tonight :D

Fair play, I know nothing about horse racing and I've had about 6 pints so I wouldn't be listening to me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Sennockian Star in the 4 oc at Pontrefact despite carrying top weight looks a decent ew bet tomorrow at around 8/1.
    Has had a couple of outings on the aw that should have put him right for the 10 furlong handicap (was 3rd in it last year)
    Now reasonably handicapped having come down a few pounds he should go very close for Mark Johnstone and Joe Fanning.
    Has won on soft and good ground so conditions are ideal and in my opinion he represents good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

hey tinodz are you backing bertie blu boy again today?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

racso1975 wrote: »
    hey tinodz are you backing bertie blu boy again today?

Well hope you didnt

Sennockian Star in the 4 oc at Pontrefact despite carrying top weight looks a decent ew bet tomorrow at around 8/1.
    Has had a couple of outings on the aw that should have put him right for the 10 furlong handicap (was 3rd in it last year)
    Now reasonably handicapped having come down a few pounds he should go very close for Mark Johnstone and Joe Fanning.
    Has won on soft and good ground so conditions are ideal and in my opinion he represents good value.

He has drifted out a lot, out to 11s by the off, 20 quid to win from me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Clareman wrote: »
    He has drifted out a lot, out to 11s by the off, 20 quid to win from me :)
    Sennockian drifts to 11/1 while stablemate backed from 9s to 4/1,i knew where my score ew was headed from early today.We take a chance when trainer has 2 in a race and that is racing-beidh la eile

Sennockian drifts to 11/1 while stablemate backed from 9s to 4/1,i knew where my score ew was headed from early today.We take a chance when trainer has 2 in a race and that is racing-beidh la eile

That's why it's gambling and not investing :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Clareman wrote: »
    That's why it's gambling and not investing :D

Investing is also gambling, just with smarter suits (occasionally) and slower outcomes (usually). :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement