Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭zimmermania

TrueDub wrote: »
    Investing is also gambling, just with smarter suits (occasionally) and slower outcomes (usually). :D

Long term investment= a 3 mile chase
    Short term investment=5 furlong sprint

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Giving Sixties Queen 9/1 (Lingfield 2.30) a shot today. That price is on Boyles

Recently moved to a new yard, and today a brand new jockey is aboard. The first race out for the new yard (on 24 March) looked very much like a feeler race to me (odds drifted on course that day too if that means anything). Was held near the back all race, and was only asked to push very late on. Full effort was never given IMO.

The bad thing though is that the horse has a huge history of giving up in the final furlong. So I am kinda hoping a month in a new yard might have help change this.

The old yard has a horse in the race too (Jessy Mae), so part of me wants the new yard to stick it to the old one! :p
    racso1975 wrote: »
    hey tinodz are you backing bertie blu boy again today?

Missed out on all racing yesterday, so never noticed. To be honest, I think I would have had a small bet after the last outing if I was looking!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

8s on PM, sneakey tenner will do nicely

Sixties Queen was only 3rd in the end. Sorry Clareman - or anyone that else that was on for it to win.

Don't think the horse ran out of steam in the last furlong though this time as it was still pushng - so maybe the new yard is helping.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

You should never apologise for giving a tip/fancy, it's not giving them that needs to be apologised for. 10s are normally my limit for an each way bet, don't know if that's right or wrong

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Was on e/w so cheers!

Hoping for a French invasion at Aintree with the first 3 picks. And sticking with the home team with the last one. Not a lot of thought gone into these, just done a L15...

rZPcZFY.png

Clarcam
    Was knocked about a bit at Cheltenham and jumped a few badly that did not help things. However, he enjoys this track, and came a really close second in a Juvenile Hurdle here in 2014 (video here). Ruby is aboard now too for the first time, and should give him great ride

Bristol De Mai
    Interesting they chose to sidestep Cheltenham even though the horse was fit (I believe). Also, the fave is too short for me to consider even though it is top quality.

Silviniaco Conti
    3 out of 3. No problem :pac:

Rock on Ruby 3/1
    Cannot be on Arctic Fire - unproven for what is needed here. Can not bring myself to back Jezki. So, decision made

PS I am ready for all four to lose - as Aintree and me are not friends!

Clarcam 1st
    Bristol De Mai 3rd
    Silviniaco Conti 1st
    Rock on Ruby 2nd

But Christ that was a terrible fall. Please be okay Artic Fire :(

Horse is okay. Best news of day! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

tinodz wrote: »
    Clarcam 1st
    Bristol De Mai 3rd
    Silviniaco Conti 1st
    Rock on Ruby 2nd

But Christ that was a terrible fall. Please be okay Artic Fire :(

:cool::cool: what did your stake pay you back ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Dont think it did as was staked to win

racso1975 wrote: »
    Dont think it did as was staked to win

ah ok didn't see win lol, would have been a nice ew lucky

duckysauce wrote: »
    :cool::cool: what did your stake pay you back ?

It actually paid back €39... not amazing, but good for just 2 winners in a L15 with just a €1 stake

€4 and €7 Single on the 2 winners €28 Double

If Rock on Ruby won the last race, then it would have been €200ish, and if all 4 won it would have been €2000+

I actually have no idea how much a EWL15 would have paid here though.

tinodz wrote: »
    It actually paid back €39... not amazing, but good for just 2 winners in a L15 with just a €1 stake

€4 and €7 Single on the 2 winners €28 Double

If Rock on Ruby won the last race, then it would have been €200ish, and if all 4 won it would have been €2000+

I actually have no idea how much a EWL15 would have paid here though.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Monetaire for me today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

even though its drifting in the market I really like Knights parade in the 1st at aintree, solid e/w bet with a good chance of winning imo

Think today is a minefield compared to yesterday, open fields all over the place.

Tiny, small, little stake EWL15 on...

Theinval 8/1 (1:40)
    Based purely on going/distance stats there are a ton of plus points, so I think he should well up for this

Cardinal Walter 8/1 (2:15)
    Think he might be a low enough weight to have this - even though the fave is very solid

Ainsi Fideles 9/1 (2:50)
    Saphir Du Rheu was not amazing at Cheltenham IMO (Even though he finished 2nd). Zarkandar would have knocked him down to third too, if he did not get hampered. Also, he is back over fences today again, and he has a history of not liking those. Cannot bring myself to back Saphir Du Rheu, but Ainsi Fideles is both an experienced chase horse, and has won over this distance in the past too. Only horse with those two plus points in the whole field.

Darna 16/1 EW (4:05)
    Thought the effort at Cheltenham was great, but watching a replay of the race mistakes were made . If today is a clean run, and a similar effort, I could see it placing at least.

Main bet of the day...

Champagne Fever 7/2 (3:25)
    He has this surely?

Not a great day...

Theinval won, but was only part of an EW L15, so not a big return. Everything else except Darna (who was a faller) was 4th!

Kingscroft next here at Wolves, GTFO

Slattsy wrote: »

I have gone for For Shia And Lula in that one

10s

• Advertisement

Why not, haven't had a winner in a while and it'd Friday, just need a beer to go with it.

And just like that there's another fancy, great, sure a tenner on each won't do any harm..

GTFO

&

GTFI

Thats why...

Damn it! Well done! Damn it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

GTFO

&

GTFI

Thats why...

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭bassy

You legend slattsy

Nice start to the weekend, might as well have another beer :D

On the G&T's myself like a true neanderthal.

I'm just back from a week travelling for work with lots of rich meals, wines, brandy and stuff, just a couple of bottles of beers to finish it off will do fine. Unless you have more tips :D

• Advertisement

Just noticed I've Hendrick's and cucumber, I think I'll join you in a G&T, big glass this.. .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement