Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Cause of causes and Oscar time for me. The bet 365 free cash will be invested in one of the other races

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

BumperD wrote: »
    ;)

Careful now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

Backed two e\w in the cabaret circus, Mon parrain and portrait king. Also backed two of hanagans for his old guvnor at Newcastle,mica mika and withernsea. Also have a wedge on the mighty hammers to beat stoke at the Boleyn @6/5. I'm expecting a good day.

Days of Heaven here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Slattsy wrote: »
    Days of Heaven here.

Badly bumped with about 4 to go meant it was never in the mix

• Advertisement

Not good enough.

Mother of divine god!!! Just switched on to channel 4 racing and what do I see?....gok fu*king wan going through ap mc coy,s wife's wardrobe!!! I give up!

Backed Baltimore Rock at 12s and Babylon Des Mottes at 9/2 last night, serious money down today !! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

No new phone for me, back to normal backing now, any fancies for later anyone??

Backed 5 and none placed, worst GN ever for me.
    Rocky Creek really really disappointed me, was certain he was ready for run a huge race.

• Advertisement

Backed 5 and none placed, worst GN ever for me.
    Rocky Creek really really disappointed me, was certain he was ready for run a huge race.

Same as that, I normally put 50e in different horses avoiding the favourite and normally get something back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I have backed Royale Knight @33s to win the "National",he has won over 4 miles and last October he won a fairly competitive chase over 3 mile 6 furlongs by 17 lengths at Sedgefield.He was raised 15 lbs for that win and his shrewd trainer who won last years national did not risk a further hike by running him in another chase.In nov he ran 3rd in a handicap hurdle over 3 miles and ran a close 2nd in a 3 mile handicap hurdle,staying on well on march 19th.
    He looks to have been laid out for this and granted luck in running has a serious chance imo and he carries my €20 ew.I have a fiver ew saver on Alvarado who was 4th in this last year and runs off a pound less.Good luck to all.

Got a good run and I will get back 30 euro Royale Knight 6th Alvarado 4th,small loss.

Clareman wrote: »

I backed Third Strike 5 55 lingfield @3/1 ew.Hard to see this one out of the money has a very useful 7 lb claimer on board and my €25 ew is in capable hands.

Baltimore Rock into 5/1, im on at 14s actually !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭Guffy

I backed Third Strike 5 55 lingfield @3/1 ew.Hard to see this one out of the money has a very useful 7 lb claimer on board and my €25 ew is in capable hands.

Would ya not just do the 50 place? Couldn't be much in the diff if he won could there?

Never mind... just saw odds on place

:(

I fancy a barrel load of pints:(

Baltimore Rock into 5/1, im on at 14s actually !!

Where's that running??

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭LikeTheseOdds

Where's that running??

Ran @ 17:10 Aintree, finished 4th.

Ran @ 17:10 Aintree, finished 4th.

Phew, money saved so :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭moeblogs

Great Tip won it in style.

That race is worth watching again and again 7lb claimer misses the break and his mount is pulling very hard in last place 8 0r 9 lengths behind with nowhere to go.Crouch resisted the temptation to make up the ground on the outside and sat until a bit of an opening appeared and he pushed his mount through to score cheekily by a neck.Horse can only go up 3 lb for this and will win again as he did not have a hard race.I have been keeping an eye on Hector Crouch for a while.
    Probably the best 7 lb claimer around and would appear to have a bright future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

After a whole 4 days away...

Classical Art 3/1 (Exeter 3.35)

There are two horses at the top of the market. Vodka 'n Tonic seems to be getting backed, but got caught on the run-in LTO, and has been risen in weight. Seeing him get caught made me feel he is a horse that cannot finish, and the extra weight will not help. Classic Art however ran well to force a dead-heat LTO, and was risen less for that great effort. If the race comes down to those two - then Classical Art seem the better horse, and surprisingly the handicapper was nicer to him.

That was too close...

Vodka 'n Tonic was idling, but Classical Art did not do enough. Lost by tiny margins. Could have easily won that though...

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

tinodz wrote: »
    That was too close...

Vodka 'n Tonic was idling, but Classical Art did not do enough. Lost by tiny margins. Could have easily won that though...

I will need a Vodka and Tonic after watching that:)))

I guess I will try one at Leopardstown...

Euphrasia EW 25/1 (3:45)

Has Soft going form. Won at Leopardstown before. And had won at this distance before too. Could see it nabbing a place

Either Fascinating Rock or Chopin (or both) will have to underperform though.

Euphrasia was back into 14s when opened up on track, and Chopin did underperform, but she could only finish 3rd. She did enjoy the ground though, as she finished better than a lot of the others in the race

Small bet on Fossa here at Kempton, back down to last winning mark in an open race.

Eh last, pulled too hard and went too quick, forget that post!

• Advertisement

I am giving Golden Laughter 8/1 (Newmarket 5.10) a go

Unraced, but breeding suggest this could be an amazing Filly. Wish she had one race behind her so I was not betting blind, but if she was proven she would not be this price.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement