Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

That was shocking lads, sorry.

Owega Star here at Punch - good ew shot .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

tinodz wrote: »
    Me today...

Singles

Kalane 66/1 EW (3.50)
    Fiscal Focus 7/1 Win (4.25)
    The Job Is Right 12/1 (5.00)
    The Saint James 11/1 (5.35)

EWL15 on the above too

Kalane is the best quality to odds bet of the festival for me. Not going to touch Annie Power unless that fall did some damage, but if she can even nab second at those odds I will dance a jig. The other 3 are basically me trying to match the going to the horse - which is getting worse and worse.

Worst day of the festival. Damn. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Backed Redstart 12/1 pp 4 places 1/4 odds ( in what I think is an open race) the 1,000 gns,i was told Legatissimo is pleasing connections and she has attracted some support.I believe she wants further and will follow her when conditions are right,but tomorrow I will let her run.

Taken Kleo 25/1 EW (2:25). Off all the horse in the race, I think it will push all the way, and with Kirby aboard it will push a bit more.

Has won races both leading them from the front, tracking leaders, and coming from behind. so will be up for any tacticas that develop.

Think it is a decent shout for a place at least.

The 7 month layoff is interesting - in both good and a bad way.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Great run and great tip, could have done with a few more furlongs

• Advertisement

Taken Kleo 25/1 EW (2:25). Off all the horse in the race, I think it will push all the way, and with Kirby aboard it will push a bit more.

Has won races both leading them from the front, tracking leaders, and coming from behind. so will be up for any tacticas that develop.

Think it is a decent shout for a place at least.

The 7 month layoff is interesting - in both good and a bad way.

2nd will do!

Giving Irish Rookie 20/1 a shot in the 1000 Guineas (bigger prices out there, but Paddy are paying 4 places). The filly has only ever ran on one course in it's career... Newmarket. It has won twice at the course, and one of them is today's distance. Huge amount of talent in the race (so it would have to run out of it boots to win), but a place is not out of the question.

Giving Irish Rookie 20/1 a shot in the 1000 Guineas (bigger prices out there, but Paddy are paying 4 places). The filly has only ever ran on one course in it's career... Newmarket. It has won twice at the course, and one of them is today's distance. Huge amount of talent in the race (so it would have to run out of it boots to win), but a place is not out of the question.

No luck there - 5th or 6th I think in the end.

Giving Thepartysover 16/1 EW a shot tomorrow (Kempton 4:50).

Lots of bad things to note. Has not won in 2 years, and now moved onto new stable. Has some talent IMO - but needs to show it. This is is first run outside Ireland, that might help. Something needs to help, as the his form is terrible. Inexperienced jockey tomorrow too - but those can still have talent.

Regardless, I think he will have a good run in him at decent odds sometime down the line, hopefully with luck tomorrow might be the day.

I put Alive Alive Oh up as a good ew bet in the 3 15 Curragh,for some reason it did not post and then I get a message that it is well fancied so I put it on tips thread.

• Advertisement

A short price double in Down Royal,Marinero 3 35 Lord Fingal 5 10,both look pretty solid.

No luck for Thepartysover. SP was 20/1 as well. Still think it will win one again someday - probably a day I am not on.

A short price double in Down Royal,Marinero 3 35 Lord Fingal 5 10,both look pretty solid.

EVENS AND 4/6 pays 166 for my 50 double so makes up for poor run of Alive Alive Oh,a profit on the day again.

On Major Pusey 7/2 (2.50).

Pretty solid handicap newcomer against a strong fave (Chevallier) that does not seem to want to get first place.

Happy to take it one to see what happens.

Major Pusey, Chevallier correct forecast too

On Major Pusey 7/2 (2.50).

Pretty solid handicap newcomer against a strong fave (Chevallier) that does not seem to want to get first place.

Happy to take it one to see what happens.

Major Pusey, Chevallier correct forecast too

Chevallier finally won :mad:

Tony Martin knows the time of day and when he sends the ultra consistent Quick Jack over for the Chester Cup we must take notice.
    Placed in the top handicap at Galway and placed in a top handicap hurdle at the Cheltenham festival,Quick Jack must take all the beating with Richard Hughes on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

On Major Pusey 7/2 (2.50)o
    That just sounds rude :D

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭brassringclub

Edge of Sanity has to be a bet in the Chester Cup. Brian Ellison one of the shrewdest (most bent) in the game, and so many of his unfancied ones win. He targets these staying races all season, and this son of Invincible Spirit took out a big pot handicap at York last summer when seemingly unfancied also, beating a couple of good yardsticks in Quest for More and Spacious Sky in the meantime. His last run over an inadequate mile 4 was no more than a pipe opener, and I see another Ellison runner has been backed in this race, usually something I keep an eye out for with this particular trainer. He was doing all his best at the finish that day at York, staying on rightly to win a comfortable half a length. Mulrennan gets on well with him, obviously, and he must be worth a bet at the available 30/1 on the exchanges.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭brassringclub

The other Ellison thing setting a pace for him? had to go in at 55s.

One for me today. Dutch Masterpiece 4/1 (4.55) is a standout in that race for me.

Normal Equilibrium will try to win the race from the front, but Dutch Masterpiece (and Ryan Moore), is an expert in sitting back behind the leaders and asking for a little bit more in the run in.

Can see Dutch Masterpiece getting it on the nod from Normal Equilibrium if the race pans out like i expect it to.

Duke Of Firenze is now carrying too much to put in a solid run, so cannot see him challenging. I do not think there is much else in the race either.

Gone with a win bet on Dutch Masterpiece, and done Dutch Masterpiece, Normal Equilibrium in a correct forecast to see what happen.

• Advertisement

Dutch Masterpiece ran weird there. Going was never a problem before, so I don't know what happened today.

Normal Equilibrium was 2nd, so if Dutch ran better I think he would have had that.

Would love to know the problem.

Marked down Prince Kup 9/1 (Clonmel 8.00), as one that would love a Soft/Heavy run, and he has that today. LTO he ran unto Katie T in similar conditions, but still looked great. There is a few that might be better than him today too, but I think he will come close at those odds.

Marked down Prince Kup 9/1 (Clonmel 8.00), as one that would love a Soft/Heavy run, and he has that today. LTO he ran unto Katie T in similar conditions, but still looked great. There is a few that might be better than him today too, but I think he will come close at those odds.

No luck. Front running horse stretched the whole race, which did not help things, although he was not close.

One I had in marked down for tomorrow...

Handiwork 11/1 (Haydock 3.25)

Watch these colours storm home in the very last seconds of the race to at Ayr just miss out on third... even though he was back in ninth going over the last jump.

cC9B3Zz.png - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GDjf9zFkXU

If he gets a better overall race, and is anywhere near the front pack near the end, I think he will have some good speed in the last 100-200 yards to do something.

Going for a purely small stakes speculative punt on Virtual Reality ew @12/1 in the 5.15 Nottingham. 8 go to post so bit wary for my ew if one gets pulled. I think we can draw a line through half the field for a lack of a recent run. The selection is fit as a flea & is dropping back down to his suitable trip. Ground should not be an issue given the breeding and ran well enough on turf debut lto until the stamina gave way. The jockey has teamed up with the stable for a 3 from 7 strike rate with 3yr olds and its the trainers only horse at the track (I acknowledge he does not have a calvary at his disposal so its a factor but not the deciding one). I expect the combination of first time visor and drop back to an optimal trip to bring about a better run and might make the frame.

One I had in marked down for tomorrow...

Handiwork 11/1 (Haydock 3.25)

Watch these colours storm home in the very last seconds of the race to at Ayr just miss out on third... even though he was back in ninth going over the last jump.

cC9B3Zz.png - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GDjf9zFkXU

If he gets a better overall race, and is anywhere near the front pack near the end, I think he will have some good speed in the last 100-200 yards to do something.

Never got in the race. Too much early speed killed chances. :(

Interested to see how Teatotal goes in this

Teatotal ran well but needs to drop a few pounds more. He will be winning a class 5 or 6 soon & then I'll put a few quid on him. Going to back the beautifully bred call to order in the last at warwick ew 10/1. Looks a hot enough contest.

2nd for call to order. Very promising debut. That race will throw up a few winners in time.

• Advertisement

I imagine o briens good start to the group 1's will continue in France tomorrow but price too skinny. Going with Bon genre in the last at Killarney 10/1ew.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement