Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I guess I will hop on Enderby Spirit (20/1) in the next, and then call it a day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

My little one is just gone to sleep so I'm going to do 2 small bets in the 8.30 and 8.45 with a nice glass of wine. I'm thinking Florrie Boy in the 8.30 and New Strategy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

tinodz wrote: »
    I guess I will hop on Enderby Spirit (20/1) in the next, and then call it a day.

Slow start did not help. but was never it the race.

Will try to look at thing a bit more in depth, and might find something decent for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Gone with Pensax Boy ew in the last 10/1. Not a confident selection as its a 3yr old handicap which are not easy solve

Pensax boy well beaten 2nd. I have a dose of seconditis at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

BumperD wrote: »
    Pensax boy well beaten 2nd. I have a dose of seconditis at the moment.

When was your last winner :confused::confused:

:P

3 seconds from the last 4 bets. I am going to check what was my last winner.

Rosairlie 8 May. But ive had a barren enough 12 months.

You're out of sync with the action :(

I'll hit form again. Just suffering a bit of colic. Will start eating new hay & better feed & then I'll start banging in the winners later this summer!

• Advertisement

You need to be gelded!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Just home after a few Volvo's,we need to work out how win or lose less by taking a more enlightened,less risky or better advised approach to betting on horses,there may be a thread for this here already,i don't know,but it's something we should talk about.
    EG Saturday betting could be talked about on fri evening with a view to reaching a consensus or at least putting forward for debate a case to be made for backing or not backing certain horses.
    This would involve making a case for backing a horse in a way that would be more informative than we do at present.

Playing golf tomorrow so wont be around for a lot of the racing.
    Not a lot sticks out but I have had a few quid ew on Bubblly Bellini in the 3 20 at Navan.A gutsy sprinter in top form it will probably take all the beating over the stiffest 5 furlongs in Ireland.

Baby Mix 3 25 Strat is all the rage but is a bit too skinny a price imo.A fairly useful horse a few years ago showed he retained a lot of his ability in its last run at Pun,although only 7 this one has had 3 long layoffs already and is obviously difficult to keep sound.
    Could win this but my idea of a bit of value is Carrigmorna King.Ran very well at Chel on 2nd last start and would have won last time except for a few mistakes and a clear round today could see him pick off the front running Baby Mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Navan

Forgotten Rules 3.55. Slaughtered likes of 151 nh rated Sizing John on debut in a bumper. Followed that up with an effortless win over Shu Lewis at the Galway festival before making it a perfect 3 from 3 when landing the Group2 Long Distance Cup on heavy ground Evens nap

4.25 My Twinkle
    Each Way @ 7-1 [Bet 365] BOG
    held in regard by top trainer John Oxx

Playing golf tomorrow so wont be around for a lot of the racing.
    Not a lot sticks out but I have had a few quid ew on Bubblly Bellini in the 3 20 at Navan.A gutsy sprinter in top form it will probably take all the beating over the stiffest 5 furlongs in Ireland.

Went with you each way on this, cant see him out of places.
    Love a sprinter in form.

Going with Palm Slur in the last at Limerick. Her bumper form is solid and she gets the allowances from the boys. The fav prickly nhf form is inferior imo, the next two in the betting ultimate horseman/justforjames are better over further. She will need to be at her best to beat the boys but I'm having a go ew 10/1

Place money landed, think he needs 6f now or else softer ground.

Weld double coming up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Slattsy wrote: »
    Weld double coming up :)

Has one ran already? Working do can't look really

• Advertisement

gufc21 wrote: »
    Has one ran already? Working do can't look really

Forgotten Rules won there.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Forgotten Rules won there.

Cool. Seconds in the next isn't it?

Yup

Cheers. Threw it on this morn but couldn't remember the races

Half brother to FR - hopefully a good omen.

Baby Mix 3 25 Strat is all the rage but is a bit too skinny a price imo.A fairly useful horse a few years ago showed he retained a lot of his ability in its last run at Pun,although only 7 this one has had 3 long layoffs already and is obviously difficult to keep sound.
    Could win this but my idea of a bit of value is Carrigmorna King.Ran very well at Chel on 2nd last start and would have won last time except for a few mistakes and a clear round today could see him pick off the front running Baby Mix.

Carrigmorna just did enough,was on at 11/4 and enjoyed the replay.Bubbly Bellini ran well and as Slattsy said probably need 6,i just thought the stiff 5 at Navan would just about suffice and got a small profit being on ew and cant complain with Carrigmorna King ensuring a nice winning day.

BumperD wrote: »
    Going with Palm Slur in the last at Limerick. Her bumper form is solid and she gets the allowances from the boys. The fav prickly nhf form is inferior imo, the next two in the betting ultimate horseman/justforjames are better over further. She will need to be at her best to beat the boys but I'm having a go ew 10/1

Seconditis affliction continues 2nd again..........

I was looking at the 7 .45 in Leic with a view to backing Mugarrid when I spotted that Cyril came from a long way back to finish 3rd behind Mugarrid at Leic last time and now has a 4 lb pull for approx. 2 lengths and now goes over an extra furlong which should suit.
    Mugarrid ,a Godolphin horse can still win as I think he is more than useful but what made me back Cyril is the fact he is twice the price of Mugarrid and trained by Kevin Ryan,who is on fire just now-3 winners at 7/1 8/1 and 9/1 on sat a 2nd in a photo and 2 4ths beaten around 2 lengths from 6 runners,a 2nd a 4th and a 1st at 8/1 from 3 runners on sunday shows that runners from the yard must be followed before the books clip the price of anything Ryan runs.Cyril is 8s with lads 13/2 PP and is an ew bet.

An even better bet from the same trainer could be top weight Kylach me if You Can in the 4 20 at Redcar,this one has come down to a winnable mark and ran very well on his first run this season and is certain to be involved in the finish of what is an ordinary enough handicap,a must bet ew at 11/2 PP.two fancied ones from an inform yard at decent prices is what I like to get stuck into.

I have a decent enough bet (€50 ew) on both and €15 ew double and I believe there is a very good chance I will be collecting and those prices may not be around too long in the morning.

Interested in top diktat at Leicester tomorrow. Dropped near a stone since last win and Ryan Moore back on board for first time since last win. Backing him at 7/1 win in this 5 runner now that he's dropped in class back to his last winning distance. Think it will be hard to hide him in such a small field so I'm gambling on tomorrow being a going day.

• Advertisement

Bit of money for commander won in the first at Roscommon, 25/1 into 10/1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement