Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I was looking at the 7 .45 in Leic with a view to backing Mugarrid when I spotted that Cyril came from a long way back to finish 3rd behind Mugarrid at Leic last time and now has a 4 lb pull for approx. 2 lengths and now goes over an extra furlong which should suit.
    Mugarrid ,a Godolphin horse can still win as I think he is more than useful but what made me back Cyril is the fact he is twice the price of Mugarrid and trained by Kevin Ryan,who is on fire just now-3 winners at 7/1 8/1 and 9/1 on sat a 2nd in a photo and 2 4ths beaten around 2 lengths from 6 runners,a 2nd a 4th and a 1st at 8/1 from 3 runners on sunday shows that runners from the yard must be followed before the books clip the price of anything Ryan runs.Cyril is 8s with lads 13/2 PP and is an ew bet.

An even better bet from the same trainer could be top weight Kylach me if You Can in the 4 20 at Redcar,this one has come down to a winnable mark and ran very well on his first run this season and is certain to be involved in the finish of what is an ordinary enough handicap,a must bet ew at 11/2 PP.two fancied ones from an inform yard at decent prices is what I like to get stuck into.

I have a decent enough bet (€50 ew) on both and €15 ew double and I believe there is a very good chance I will be collecting and those prices may not be around too long in the morning.
    That did not go according to plan and PP gets a donation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

BumperD wrote: »
    Interested in top diktat at Leicester tomorrow. Dropped near a stone since last win and Ryan Moore back on board for first time since last win. Backing him at 7/1 win in this 5 runner now that he's dropped in class back to his last winning distance. Think it will be hard to hide him in such a small field so I'm gambling on tomorrow being a going day.

If there was only 1 runner in that race top diktat would have finished 2nd that's how bad he ran

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Katie Canford 50/1 EW (SANDOWN 17:55) for me today.

Kassia should win this IMO (but short odds)... I think Katie could nab a place with some luck. A whole bunch of unraced horses in this though, so the fear is something great could pop up from nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Laidback Romeo 6/1 looks a tasty price under the hands of king Kirby.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

tinodz wrote: »

Kassia should win this IMO (but short odds)... I think Katie could nab a place with some luck. A whole bunch of unraced horses in this though, so the fear is something great could pop up from nowhere.

Ill take that all day.. decent run to finish 3rd. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Went to put bet on at 66/1 loaded the page and bang she went to 33/1... One to follow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

:cool:

Backed one of my favourite spinters,Bubbly Bellini in the 6 05 Cork at 7/4.Will like the ground and can make up for a narrow defeat last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Backed one of my favourite spinters,Bubbly Bellini in the 6 05 Cork at 7/4.Will like the ground and can make up for a narrow defeat last week.

Good man, stuck the remains of my pp money on that.

Ferguson 12/1 (CORK 19:35)

High draws have been winning all night, at this is one off the better horse (IMO) coming out of what should be the right stalls

• Advertisement

Ferguson 12/1 (CORK 19:35)

High draws have been winning all night, at this is one off the better horse (IMO) coming out of what should be the right stalls

No luck today. Not going to get on anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

On Tithonus in the next at Cork

The Hogan second string here but I loooove seeing money for them. Was 14s earlier but got on at 10s. More cash again, into 7s.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Slattsy wrote: »
    On Tithonus in the next at Cork

The Hogan second string here but I loooove seeing money for them. Was 14s earlier but got on at 10s. More cash again, into 7s.

Just got 10s with Lads

Looking forward to seeing the filly from Ballydoyle Ballydoyle tomorrow.
    Must be proper with a name like that and already being well backed.

:)

Was out for the evening,warned my friends not to call or text the result (I made them back it) and I enjoyed watching my fairly solid bet being landed.If only half the horses I back were as game as this one.

Rotten cards today. Going with a small ew on Shes Late 14/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭droidman123

Have a nice e\w in tombelaine here in the 2000 guineas...fingers crossed

Done the money on the one I put up on the tips thread.
    Hoping for a good run from one I backed a few times in large fields,I'll be your Clown.
    Only beaten a couple of lengths in all the big mile handicaps and could be a bit of value
    with PP who goes 20s and is paying 5 places,worth something small ew I have €15 ew
    in a race I normally would not bet in.

Handicapper must be delighted with himself after watching the 4:20 at Haydock

Done the money on the one I put up on the tips thread.
    Hoping for a good run from one I backed a few times in large fields,I'll be your Clown.
    Only beaten a couple of lengths in all the big mile handicaps and could be a bit of value
    with PP who goes 20s and is paying 5 places,worth something small ew I have €15 ew
    in a race I normally would not bet in.

Right in the firing line just could not hang on not beaten very far in 7th place,so no joy today and will pass away the time until it is time to go for a few scoops and have another go tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Bubbly Bellini out again tomorrow no time to look at the race in any depth until I come back from the pub.However the use of the 10 lb claimer Kennedy means Bubbly meets some old rivals on better terms.The kid has had only less than 10 rides but has ridden a winner and 4 or 5 placed horses.It is difficult to decide whether to back him or go with the closely matched rival In Salutem. Will have a think about it and also whether or not The Grey Gatsby is worth a punt. Any ideas?

Yeah.
    Stay away from that craft beer ****e.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Yeah.
    Stay away from that craft beer ****e.

Home now,too old for that stuff,so I just have a a few pints,a few vodka and cokes and a few more pints to finish up,no shots,baby guiness,butterballs or any of that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭droidman123

I did an e\w on joalliere in the guineas today @11\1. She could be anything and won her last race in great style.paddy power paying 1\4 the odds 4 places.backed welds other one in yesterdays 2000,ran well ish but was fairly beaten in the end.I fancy joalliere a lot more today to be at least placed.

Bubbly Bellini out again tomorrow no time to look at the race in any depth until I come back from the pub.However the use of the 10 lb claimer Kennedy means Bubbly meets some old rivals on better terms.The kid has had only less than 10 rides but has ridden a winner and 4 or 5 placed horses.It is difficult to decide whether to back him or go with the closely matched rival In Salutem. Will have a think about it and also whether or not The Grey Gatsby is worth a punt. Any ideas?

Bubbly out,so I backed Russian Soul 8/1 PP ew despite carrying more than 10 stone this fellow has every chance and was rated higher in the past.
    Backed Malabar ew in 1000 gns,was 4th in the English version and PP paying 4 places this reliable filly has plenty group 1 form and might be worth a bet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Russian Soul 11/2 on Bet365, I'd gotten word on In Salutem earlier so I think I'll throw a tenner on that.

I've 2 horses in Uttoxeter today as well, Rock of Ages(5/2) at 2 and Lolli(3/1) at 3, besides a couple of bets on Clare today that's all I'm going to do I think, lost a fair bit yesterday so time to recoup I think.

I like Independence Day in the first at the Curragh - as well bred as any of these and a very speedy profile.

Chance on Speedfiend here, small bet.

I thought Postponed was disappointing lto when I was on him,Ryan says The Grey Gatsby is in good order and on form should win at the Curragh.

• Advertisement

Tricky race this, torn between Raydara and Welds filly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement