Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Welds e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭droidman123

Bolger..urrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

With a ton of quality racing happening everywhere else, I have decided on...

Thepartysover @ 25/1 EW (Fontwell 17:35)

No wins in two years, but something will come his way soon.

tinodz wrote: »
    With a ton of quality racing happening everywhere else, I have decided on...

Thepartysover @ 25/1 EW (Fontwell 17:35)

No wins in two years, but something will come his way soon.

3rd. I'll take that!

He's getting better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Winners a bit scarce the last few days following a good run,so following my usual pattern -double up when on a roll,double down when things not so good.Just one bet today,€25 ew Silvery Moon in the Zetland gold cup at Redcar 3 55.

Thi one ran very well at York lto and has run very well in stronger handicaps than this.Closely matched with Chancery on a couple of lines of form,Silvery,who was 3rd in this last year should just come out on top today as it seems to be laid out for this.
    Iwill do a rev forecast with Chancery just in case they should finish 1-2

• Advertisement

Winners a bit scarce the last few days following a good run,so following my usual pattern -double up when on a roll,double down when things not so good.Just one bet today,€25 ew Silvery Moon in the Zetland gold cup at Redcar 3 55.

Thi one ran very well at York lto and has run very well in stronger handicaps than this.Closely matched with Chancery on a couple of lines of form,Silvery,who was 3rd in this last year should just come out on top today as it seems to be laid out for this.
    Iwill do a rev forecast with Chancery just in case they should finish 1-2
    The two I fancied finish 3rd and 4th,the one I back ew is 4th!! backed Catimini 7 30 Ballinrobe 25 ew PP going 4 places only other bet today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭CH3OH

! backed Catimini 7 30 Ballinrobe 25 ew PP going 4 places only other bet today.

if it's any consolation, I had Catimini in my tracker for some reason and backed it as well.

Me today...

Seek The Fair Land 4/1 (Ling 4.10). Going up against Bertie Blu Boy - a horse I was happy to bet on recently. I think the 5lb rise for Bertie Blu Boy is big though, as he is an insane from runner, and going full pelt with that to carry will hurt him more than most. Seek The Fair Land is a great finisher, and should ponce if he tires

Jonnie Skull 25/1 EW (Hunt 7.50). The owner said on national TV he was looking to put him in a 3m chase at some point, as he thought he had the stamina for it. Today is Jonnie's first go over fences, and only his 5th ever 2m+ run (in 175 races). If he is actually going for the 3m Chase, today seems to be a good test for him. Obviously taking a chance, as he is unproven in these circumstances, but seeing as the owner himself thinks he is up to races like this I am will to give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Me today...

Seek The Fair Land 4/1 (Ling 4.10). Going up against Bertie Blu Boy - a horse I was happy to bet on recently. I think the 5lb rise for Bertie Blu Boy is big though, as he is an insane from runner, and going full pelt with that to carry will hurt him more than most. Seek The Fair Land is a great finisher, and should ponce if he tires

Jonnie Skull 25/1 EW (Hunt 7.50). The owner said on national TV he was looking to put him in a 3m chase at some point, as he thought he had the stamina for it. Today is Jonnie's first go over fences, and only his 5th ever 2m+ run (in 175 races). If he is actually going for the 3m Chase, today seems to be a good test for him. Obviously taking a chance, as he is unproven in these circumstances, but seeing as the owner himself thinks he is up to races like this I am will to give it a shot.

is it just me or does Jonny skull barely get 5 Furlongs never mind 3 miles over fences

akelly02 wrote: »
    is it just me or does Jonny skull barely get 5 Furlongs never mind 3 miles over fences

Jonnie Skull does what he wants. :pac:

Annnnnnnnd, I just noticed he is now confirmed as a non-runner, so today he has decided not to race.

I still think it will be interesting to follow him if he ends up in a 3m Chase at some point. Even if the owner is deluded, I want to see what happens now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I thought that was a joke about Jonnie Skull running 175 times. But he has. That's great mileage. What a horse to own.

I am giving Perfect Timing 5/2 (6.30 Newton Abbot) a go...

...as I said I would back in September 2014. That's a 262 day wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Cheers man!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

BlossomTime 2pm Newmarket

Leaderene 2.30 Newmarket. 5/4 Paddy Power. NAP.

Ryan Moore is an eye catching booking for the Mark Johnston yard. She is also only just 3lb higher when winning a similar race at Beverley last September. This race looks a weak one with all her rivals coming off disappointing runs and she should take a bit of beating with Moore on top.

Peterhof 4:10 Newmarket

No notebook/tracker stuff for me today, but I like Noverre To Go 9/2 (Brighton 3.25). On a good mark, but has a few good ones to beat in here. The rise in weight for Flexible Flyer might help

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

No notebook/tracker stuff for me today, but I like Noverre To Go 9/2 (Brighton 3.25). On a good mark, but has a few good ones to beat in here. The rise in weight for Flexible Flyer might help

main comp to flexible flyer is now a nr, so Im going with FF

dead heat, but given to NTG, well done!

Saw Noverre To Go won! Nice...

Might be pushing my luck, but giving Rozene 3/1 (Catterick 8.10) a shot later.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Two obvious ones and an outsider

Peacock 11/10 Newmarket 2.45

Limato 11/10 Haydock (I expect this horse to be withdrawn if it rains, if so will back Muttmu 9/2 instead.)

Dragon Fei 33/1 Haydock 2.00. Finished second by 1/2 length to Curvy who had a stone advantage. Curvy then beat Derby entrant Giovanni Canaletto a week later.

Saw Noverre To Go won! Nice...

Might be pushing my luck, but giving Rozene 3/1 (Catterick 8.10) a shot later.

2nd. Too much to ask for two in a row!

• Advertisement

Have one in notebook that is out tomorrow. Another 200+ day layoff.

Noblest 3/1 (3:55 Newmarket)

Missed break last time, had to waste energy early on to get back into position. Managed to nab 5th out of that mess - but was finishing very strong. Now doing a furlong longer. Think that distance should suit.

Also, Arc Lighter (3:30 York) is out again. Coral have him a 25/1. That horse is finding new ways to lose in easier races, but would not be surprised if he managed something at these high odds, Small EW for me.

A 3rd, and an unplaced for me today. No good.

Noblest did everything right today, but met better horses. Wordcraft had a fantastic debut run

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

John Ferguson seems to have another yard full of bumper horses to unleash over the next few months. Two decent winners in the last few days. Waterlord hosed in today

Jonnie Skull's transformation into a chaser looks like it will start today... (Fakenham 4.30)

4/1 is a nice price to see how he will react over fences. Worth a small bet as he only as 3 other horses to best

Hopefully it works out well, I want to see him tackle a good 3m Chase down the line.

Jonnie Skull's transformation into a chaser looks like it will start today... (Fakenham 4.30)

4/1 is a nice price to see how he will react over fences. Worth a small bet as he only as 3 other horses to best

Hopefully it works out well, I want to see him tackle a good 3m Chase down the line.

Jonnie Skull was only second, but based on that Jonnie Skull could jump a house :pac:

Captain Cullen 3 10 Naas mon has a pretty good chance of getting his head in front following a few attempts over shorter against the likes of Bubbly Bellini and some other smart types.

Only 1 lb above his last winning mark the Captain could now be ready to strike under Seamie Heffernan,i took the 7/1 with PP ew and given that his best form is in big fields where a good gallop is almost certain,tomorrows race could be run to suit.

Giving a first timer a shot today...

Strawberryfields 20/1 (Windsor 6.25) a relation to a horse I used to bet on about 5 years ago

This one

This is the same jockey/trainer combo

Small bet EW (2 Places) for me

Giving a first timer a shot today...

Strawberryfields 20/1 (Windsor 6.25) a relation to a horse I used to bet on about 5 years ago

This one

This is the same jockey/trainer combo

Small bet EW (2 Places) for me

Not a chance. :(

I need to stop touching first timers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,863 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

two ew singles, win single on the last one, ew treble
    boy owes me, fancy jupiter to really relish the step up in trip
    aeolus just a hunch

boy in the bar 5/1
    aeolus 36/1
    jupiter custos 11/4