Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Build

Options
  • 27-08-2009 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey everyone im new to this forum and i would appreciate any help.
    I want to build a new pc mostly for gaming. Originally i wanted to do it myself but since i never done it before im not so sure now.. I did bit of research and found that hardwareversand.de is good and cheap shop for building :). I came up with this configuration in their pc configurator:
    build.PNG
    My budget is around 750 euro with monitor,delivery + assembly.
    So my question is this configuration any good? Also if im going to order it from hwvs whats the best method of paying?
    Is their delivery, pc assembly and service reliable? Since ive never ordered pc and picked configuration im totally confused now :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

not bad at all...I'd change the PSU for a better known make such as Corsair but the rest of it looks ok.
    The motherboard? Does that support DDR2 or DDR3 ram as you've ordered DDR3 ram.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 chai90

motherboard is DDR3 :).
    Yeah i know PSU looks kinda dodgy but their configurator limits me to 680 watts psu when i choose good gfx like 4870. Will this one be better
    http://hardwareversand.de/_/articledetail.jsp?aid=9431&agid=240 ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

chai90 wrote: »
    motherboard is DDR3 :).
    Yeah i know PSU looks kinda dodgy but their configurator limits me to 680 watts psu when i choose good gfx like 4870. Will this one be better
    http://hardwareversand.de/_/articledetail.jsp?aid=9431&agid=240 ?

Just split the order into seperate items at the end, remove the PSU and put it a new one. Corsair 550 W should be more than ample for your needs.

marco_polo wrote: »
    Just split the order into seperate items at the end, remove the PSU and put it a new one. Corsair 550 W should be more than ample for your needs.
    Ok, But if i split it will they assemble it? The 'Rechner - Zusammenbau' stays in the basket so i suppose it should be..
    Anyone who ordered with hwvs had any troubles?
    Oh ya another question anyone knows if they assemble it do they boot it up and check and configure bios or just send it straight away?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Ok, But if i split it will they assemble it? The 'Rechner - Zusammenbau' stays in the basket so i suppose it should be..
    Anyone who ordered with hwvs had any troubles?
    Oh ya another question anyone knows if they assemble it do they boot it up and check and configure bios or just send it straight away?

It have noticed it does still put the pc assembly charge in the basket alright. I have not ordered a built pc myself but I have seen others reccomend doing the split here. I presume somebody must have done it before successfully :)

Anyone confirm for absolutely sure?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

I bought all my stuff seperately from them so I can't help there sadly. Am I the only one who doesnt like the look of the case? Maybe I'm just too used to my furnace of a computer to think about nice stock temps and quiet fans :pac:

One personal problem I had with an item on that list is the dvd drive. I bought the same one and it died within a month. I bought a samsung one for €28 and it's been working much better. That's my own personal experience though, I'm sure others have had no problems with that drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

Hey everyone im new to this forum and i would appreciate any help.
    I want to build a new pc mostly for gaming. Originally i wanted to do it myself but since i never done it before im not so sure now.. I did bit of research and found that hardwareversand.de is good and cheap shop for building :). I came up with this configuration in their pc configurator:
    build.PNG
    My budget is around 750 euro with monitor,delivery + assembly.
    So my question is this configuration any good? Also if im going to order it from hwvs whats the best method of paying?
    Is their delivery, pc assembly and service reliable? Since ive never ordered pc and picked configuration im totally confused now :confused:

Save a bit of money and get the 3.0 ghz proc, its only 25 euro more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

jonny72 wrote: »
    Save a bit of money and get the 3.0 ghz proc, its only 25 euro more

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

CutzEr wrote: »
    :confused:

As in save up an extra €25 for the CPU ;)

If OP is already planning on getting a better PSU then we just started the what if game.

"What if I upgrade the cpu"
    "What if I upgrade the psu"
    "What if I upgrade the HDD"
    "What if I run out of money" :(

For a quad you really wont need more then 2.6 on the clock unless you are doing something worth while(Like encoding or braggging about your 1337 cpu on boards)

I think im fine with CPU - just I wont be able to save up this 25 euro and really I was thinking about OCing it at least to 3Ghz :p. I send hwvs email about will they assemble it even if the configuration is split so now I have to wait what they say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

I agree about the case I'd be looking a recognised brand such as an Antec, Coolermaster or Thermaltake. I myself got this one recently and I'd highly recommend it:
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=349774

As for the motherboard I think you'd be better off to step to a 790X or 790FX motherboard, only go for the latter if you'd like to be able to run a crossfire setup. Something like:
    http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/ga_790xt-ud4p/

Ok i changed the case to Coolemaster Elite 330. Probably will order next week:). Anyone knows how long is delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

About two weeks from the day you transfer the money me thinks

Advertisement