Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UMBILICAL CORD CARE

Options
  • 27-08-2009 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hiya girls!

Got a question to experienced mothers;)
    How do you care for the baby's cord?
    What do you use to keep the cord clean and dry?
    Do you just wipe it with warm water or maybe you use 'sth special' :confused:
    If yes write please what that is and where I can get that:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Cotton wool and cool boiled water is the best to use. If you're attending the Rotunda, they will give you some alcohol wipes to use also...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 jessy30

Thanks adrieanne for your quick reply, you're always there to help;):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

jessy30, believe me this time last year I hadn't a clue of any of this either and it was the girls here who helped me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I kinda remember using a powder in a small blue tin that was for the umbilical cord? Anyone remember using it and is it still in use? This was five years ago. Cannot remember the name of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

We were told by the hospital to just use water and cotton wool.
    To be honest we mostly left it pretty much alone and left nature takes it's course.

• Advertisement
Advertisement