Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring MMS messages between Nokia phones

• 27-08-2009 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to move all my data from a Nokia 6230i to an E66. Using the Nokia PC suite I have taken a backup and restored this on the E66. Everything came across quite well except the picture messages, quite a few have text with them. I would like to keep these on the phone if possible. I've done a lot of searching on the topic but haven't found anything that will work yet. Is there any way of doing this, bluetooth, cable, PC Suite anything? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Seamu$ wrote: »
    I'm trying to move all my data from a Nokia 6230i to an E66. Using the Nokia PC suite I have taken a backup and restored this on the E66. Everything came across quite well except the picture messages, quite a few have text with them. I would like to keep these on the phone if possible. I've done a lot of searching on the topic but haven't found anything that will work yet. Is there any way of doing this, bluetooth, cable, PC Suite anything? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

There should be a software called DataTransfer On E66, go to that and select the message you want to transfer, That will send a app on other ph and then you can transfer vice versa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

deep1 wrote: »
    There should be a software called DataTransfer On E66, go to that and select the message you want to transfer, That will send a app on other ph and then you can transfer vice versa.

Thanks very much for your help deep1, I've had a look for that on the E66 and can't locate it though. Should it be under the App Mgr? There is a program called MMSSync there, is that any good? Is the exact name of the software "DataTransfer", I could try to download & install it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Seamu$ wrote: »
    Thanks very much for your help deep1, I've had a look for that on the E66 and can't locate it though. Should it be under the App Mgr? There is a program called MMSSync there, is that any good? Is the exact name of the software "DataTransfer", I could try to download & install it?

it could be in the appmgr, as i have N97 and it's excatly where it is. i can't recall the exact name as well but it's something transfer or data transfer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You should be able to do it via PC Suite via either Bluetooth or cable.

Also the application deep1 is referring to is called "Switch".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Thanks for the suggestions, still haven't done this successfully though! I've rang both Vodafone & Nokia. Nokia suggested I get another SIM and forward them from my current number to another :rolleyes: I'm sure Vodafone would have been glad of the revenues from that!!!

The "switch" app you referred to Random transfers Contacts, Calendar & Notes only, not messages.

By restoring the backup of the 6230i that I made I've got Contacts, Calendar, Notes, Text messages & files from phone and memory card memory (photos, videos, recording etc.) across to the E66. Everything except the MMS messages.

Within the menu of the E66 there is another option Tools > Sync. There is an option within this to include Multimedia messages in the sync. It requires you to specify the "remote database" however. If someone could advise on what should go in there maybe running the sync would work.
    There is also an App called MMSSync on the E66, not sure what it does though!

Maybe the 6230i is just too old to support this form of transfer?

• Advertisement
Advertisement