Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is the worst Dive you have ever seen

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Seaneh wrote: »
    Steven Gerrard. 2005 Champions league final.

Couldn't be arsed looking for a video.
    Funny that as an avid Pool supporter i've seen that match around 15,000 times and never once seen Stevie dive in that game. Sure you got the right match?
    Edit: You've got to be kidding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

OPENROAD wrote: »
    In the cl final?

I have watched it many times. Not a dive, but not a clear-cut peno.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

The Muppet wrote: »
    There's contact in both of them , they were not dives.

Fair enough not a dive on the first one, not enough contact for him to go down.

Second one he pulls out of the tackle imo, Ronaldo goes down.

Bandit12 wrote: »
    Funny that as an avid Pool supporter i've seen that match around 15,000 times and never once seen Stevie dive in that game. Sure you got the right match?
    Edit: You've got to be kidding

Anyone find the youtube video for it, my memory of the cl final was that their was no contact, might be wrong, but if someone has the clip we can clear it up

Edit: clip appaers to have been removed due to copyright

Google it though certainly question marks from some.

Anyone find the youtube video for it, my memory of the cl final was that their was no contact, might be wrong, but if someone has the clip we can clear it up
    No don't have it but i've seen it a million times. Not a 100% clear cut peno but a dive? :rolleyes: Stevie himself would be embarassed. Not even in his top 100 dives imo.;)

Bandit12 wrote: »
    No don't have it but i've seen it a million times. Not a 100% clear cut peno but a dive? :rolleyes: Stevie himself would be embarassed. Not even in his top 100 dives imo.;)

100 dives eek: never not Stevie G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Fair enough not a dive on the first one, not enough contact for him to go down.

Second one he pulls out of the tackle imo, Ronaldo goes down.

Any contact at all and it's not a dive.

Still not in the spirit of the game, I'm sure you will agree.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Gerrard leaves his hand trailing, it hits Gattauso and he drops like a pile pf bricks.

Total dive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Still not in the spirit of the game, I'm sure you will agree.

agreed, I'd rather they stayed on their feet if at all possible. Then again if Ronaldo did that we wouldn't have seen a lot of wonderful goals from free kicks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Seriously? There was contact with Eduardo last night. Slight contact but still contact. If a player falls to the ground by choice to try and win a freekick/peno then it's a dive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

I assume this is a p-ss take, if not...seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

eirebhoy wrote: »
    I don't know what it is but playing Celtic in the CL seems to bring it out in players.

Celtic fans acting like victims.

How about this filthy dive from Jarosik which led to a winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Don't know if it counts though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Unearthly wrote: »
    Celtic fans acting like victims.

How about this filthy dive from Jarosik which led to a winner.

So was the Eduardo Dive against Celtic the other day Karma for that dive? I think so :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

Steven Gerrard. 2005 Champions league final.

Couldn't be arsed looking for a video.

if thats the worst dive you have ever seen then you obviously dont watch much football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

thorbarry wrote: »
    is this it

Listen to Hoddle at 1.06 in that video.

"Being English we're not thought to do that".

Fúck off Hoddle, this thread proves that English players, Big Name English players, are prone to diving too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭pipeliner

the elegant stevie g penalty claim and win against athletico last year. On the mobile so i cant add a clip. But if clothes lines the defender in the box and dives like he was shot.

Not a dive as there was contact but cheating most certainly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

prendy wrote: »
    if thats the worst dive you have ever seen then you obviously dont watch much football.

Considering it could be argued that the net result was cheating Milan out of the trophy, it could well be the worst dive in history!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭pipeliner

the elegant stevie g penalty claim and win against athletico last year. On the mobile so i cant add a clip. But if clothes lines the defender in the box and dives like he was shot.

Not a dive as there was contact but cheating most certainly

Apologies if someone has mentioned ia already but Rivaldo at the world cup (not sure which one) is the one that springs to mind every time.

Hit with the ball in the legs and went down clutching his face?? WTF?

At the time I thought he'd been taken out by a sniper in the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

This compilation sums it up nicely:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVb2gbMtN3I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB7Y33VteME

Klinsmann has to take the biscuit,the ****er.

Rooney. For a big strong man this in pathetic. Par for the course with him.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cmpozcslIA

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Defending Ronaldo saying there was contact is hilarious. His dive for the second bares no relation whatsoever to what the defender did and on the first one he has a delayed reaction. Clichy goes into him, nothing, then he falls over.

I don't know about worst but funniest dive has to be Gary Neville against Man City. City player pulls his legs away and Neville falls comically over nothing, then pounds his hands against the ground in rage when he doesn't get a peno, and then gets sent off for headbutting McManaman. Used to have the video on my old webpage, made me laugh every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

The Drogba Lehman grown men hissy fit episode from a few seasons back. It was disgusting and deeply embarrassing as a football fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB7Y33VteME

Klinsmann has to take the biscuit,the ****er.

Id say he really is injured..More from the big ass jump he took though the idiot

Also this compilation is very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

This is by far the worst dive I've ever seen, just horrible horrible stuff to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭grahamo

Come on now lads. Steven Gerrard complaining about people diving:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    He dives more than any other player I've seen and gets away with it as he's one of England's "Golden Boys"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

flahavaj wrote: »
    This is by far the worst dive I've ever seen, just horrible horrible stuff to watch.

She made my saturdy mornings all those years ago:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Gerrard leaves his hand trailing, it hits Gattauso and he drops like a pile pf bricks.

Total dive.

Yep because clear though on goal 5 yards out he is going to dive, it never was a dive Gattauso clipped his heels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Times (of London) have started Dive Watch, its in every match report

example

Advertisement