Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best and the worst reunions

Options
  • 27-08-2009 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

of all the reunions that have happened, which do you think is the best and which reunion do you think was the worst?

For me the best reunion had to be Blur, loved them for years doing their hiatus, I was wishing one day they wud reform and they duly did. They played a stormer at Oxegen 09. The worst reunion has to go to boyzone, a terrible 90s boyband that were a copycat of take that. We were glad to see the back of them when they broke up and now they're backeek.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

Best reunion?The original Roxy Music one in the mid 70's or the rise of RHCP from the ashes to produce their best work in the late '90s.

Worst?The current Smashing Pumpkins one has been a complete disaster and undone the fact their music from the first coming aged so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Mcjmetroid

queens reunions live shows are now great but their album was......horrible :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,785 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

best = Blur..Unbelievable at Oxegen they were

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Mcjmetroid wrote: »
    queens reunions live shows are now great but their album was......horrible :)

Agreed but I'd suffer a lot just ot see Bri (and Rog) in the flesh, caught the x2 last year and once in '05. Let's just hope the lads will be around in a different guise soon.

And on the topic of Bri, here is a superb little article on him written by Steve Vai

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Worst reunion has to be The Police...never has the hatred been so clear to pick up, even in the middle of Croke Park!

Not technically a reunion I suppose but when Bruce Springsteen decided in 2007 that he really couldn't get by without the E Street Band was a very happy day for me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Best: The Verve - for their first reunion

Worst: The Verve - for their second

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

best would be Whipping Boy - reformed after a decade for a few gigs in the Olympia. Bloody hell it was good.

worst - The verve - why bother the 3rd time around

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Yup. The same as Niallon above. Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band for the album, "The Rising".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

You've done too much, much too young...

Worst: The various reincarnations of The Misfits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

No reunion is good - worst one is The Cranberries - shows how bad Irish bands are when these turds can reform and get publicity for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Yup. The same as Niallon above. Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band for the album, "The Rising".

The Rising was sweet but Magic confirmed it wasn't just a "we need money" reunion. They have much music left to play and play it they will!

Advertisement