Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soccer forum q&a with Damien Duff

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

How do you rate your own competence playing in position other than on the wing? (as he has played upfront and even LB among other places)

best manager youve worked under?

after your playing career, can you see yourself getting involved in coaching, management or punditry?

Did you ever have any late nights with Adrian Mutu during your chelsea days? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Whats your gamertag?:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

How's your fantasy football team getting on and did you buy yourself?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Why didn't you score twice -v- Argentina in 1997 and get a winner against Spain in the World Cup :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

With some of the players having played with him as a leading member of the team, how did the veterans react to the continued ineptitude of Staunton's reign as manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

eirebhoy wrote: »
    You're probably referring to Liverpool but Valencia and I think Inter were also in for him so I'd love to know whether he considered playing abroad, if you could ask this.

Thats a bit freudian for someone called Eirebhoy is it not?

He is playing abroad!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Do you think if Kevin Keegen Stayed with Newcastle , would they have stayed up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Who did you support as a kid? Do you still look out for their results? Did you ever have a chance to sign for them, and if you didn't, why didn't you?

Did you ever have any interest in the League of Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Does he think that players such as himself, Robbie Keane, O'Shea, Dunne etc. would be interested in an FAI scheme that saw them finish their careers at League Of Ireland clubs in an attempt to increase interest in the league?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Did he confuse Shola Ameobi with Carl Cort like Bobby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Talk about the last 15 minutes of the game without mentioning Lucozade Sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

elshambo wrote: »

Not when he has lived in that country for the latter half of his life imo. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

QUESTION

Was Sam Allardyce the worst manager you've ever worked with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

As a professional does he believe that players should look to play at the highest level possible for as long as possible?

For example would he take a 1 year contract at a premier league club rather than a 3 year contract at a league 2 club towards the end of his career?

What's the most important thing to get right as a professional footballer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Do you think that as a left winger, you might have to adapt your game towards the latter stages of your career? Like Ryan Giggs has done for example, re-inventing himself in the centre of midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

FearDark wrote: »
    Ask him why he's been useless since he left Chelsea.

Ask him why FearDark never watches his national team play.
    elshambo wrote: »

LOI FTW!!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Does he ever get stopped on the street to do a car insurance ad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Trapped on a desert island

You can take one: film, album, possession?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Have you ever visited the soccer forum on boards ?

What is your biggest regret (both inside and outside football ?

What side did you take in Siapan really ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Do the squad feel they still owe Cyprus one for the 5-2 under Stan?

You're well known for being rather quiet, but as a senior squad member at this stage surely the younger players look up to you...is that something you are comfortable with?

Who has been the biggest influence on your career?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

What did Lamps and John Terry used to get up to in the post match shower?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

ronaldo was bought for 80million, you were bought for 5 million-ish.
    Is ronaldo really 16 times better than you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Do you or other players ever watch videos of yourself on Youtube?

What's the funniest bit of abuse you've received from opposition fans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Pick a 5 a-side team from all the players you've played with.

Do you or other players ever watch videos of yourself on Youtube?
    Every player has watched themself on youtube. :) I remember hearing McGeady in an interview refer to his move as "the McGeady spin or whatever it's called". Clearly having watched my McGeady spin montage video on youtube. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Des wrote: »
    Who did you support as a kid? Do you still look out for their results? Did you ever have a chance to sign for them, and if you didn't, why didn't you?

Did you ever have any interest in the League of Ireland?

Didn't he say quite recently that he wants to play for Bray for the last year of his professional career?

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Every player has watched themself on youtube. :) I remember hearing McGeady in an interview refer to his move as "the McGeady spin or whatever it's called". Clearly having watched my McGeady spin montage video on youtube. ;)

Were you the one that did the Damien Duff video that I think is no longer on Youtube? I recall there being a great one on there about him although I searched for it a while ago and could no longer find it. Wonder if he's seen it.

Youtube delete my account for any sign of SPL content. Very frustrating. I'll upload that Duff video elsewhere if you want.

That's a pity. I've had a few videos taken down by them as well.

I saw a few people on another Duff video wondering where it was. I think you should upload it again as it was the best Duff one I've seen.

I saw a few people on another Duff video wondering where it was. I think you should upload it again as it was the best Duff one I've seen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

class video!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

what programmes do ya need to create videos like this??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Great video, oh I miss the old Damien :-(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Many people believe that Chelsea was a bad move for you. Do you think you performed to your best at Chelsea or do you think you weren't really able to show your true potential there with injuries, lack of chances etc?

mink_man wrote: »
    what programmes do ya need to create videos like this??
    I made it a few years ago when I hadn't got much clue and I still don't have much clue. Ulead Video Studio is the program. Very easy to use.

on topic. I think when you look at him on a run, like the run in the video against Middlesbrough, Italy or Newcastle, I think only Messi beats him for close control. I remember years ago thinking if he didn't get by a player he won the freekick. You just couldn't get the ball off him and he is so underrated now because of how his game has changed. He has no special tricks. Just an incredible control of the ball that nobody could match in 02-04.

Many people believe that Chelsea was a bad move for you. Do you think you performed to your best at Chelsea or do you think you weren't really able to show your true potential there with injuries, lack of chances etc?
    I watched most of Chelsea's games in his first season and I'd say Duff was their most influential player. If he didn't get injured they could have easily won the CL imo. I think Duff's best performances of his career were under Ranieri. And he was brilliant again for a few months under Mourinho. But then Mourinho tried turn him into a playmaker, a passer, which never worked. I'd rather a playmaker than a winger but it was too late to be changing Duff's game and unfortunately it robbed him of what he was best at.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

you play left wing in football
    in real life your fairly small
    brrrap boards.ie pwns all.

/tubes

Damian your a great bloke and a top footballer but what i really want to know, what's your favourite ice cream?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

If you became a manager tomorrow , (Money no object )Who would be our first signing ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Who's Darragh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

I'm Darragh :)

Thanks so much for all the questions folks, I'll be meeting him today and so will be asking as many of these as I can. No guarantee he'll answer them (all) but I'll give it a go, upload it this evening and get it live as soon as I can.

Cheers

Darragh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Right, off to do this. Been given 15 minutes. Will do my best :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

fair play Darragh, good interview. He's not very excitable is our Damo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Haha he seemed to sprint out the door at the end

Advertisement