Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop for €1 with broadband??? With who?

Options
  • 27-08-2009 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi fellow boardies

Anybody know which broadband supplier is doing a Laptop for €1 deal?

A guy in the pub was telling me the other night and couldn't remember which shop but was convinced it was happening.

In the market for something and am out of contract with perlico so would definitely go for it if it is true....here's hoping it is not a urban myth..... Tried googling it and can't find any reference to it.

If anyone know's I would appreciate it.

Mtbeli
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

sounds like hes pulling your leg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Never heard of that deal but you can get €150 off laptops in Harvey Norman when you sign up to Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

MTbeli wrote: »
    Laptop for €1 deal?
    A guy in the pub was telling me the other night
    :rolleyes: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 MTbeli

Thanks guys. Didnt really want to spend big, I have a
    dell insperion 1501, but the screen has just got damaged. Was quoted €200 to get the screen fixed.......
    Would probably make more sense getting a new one.
    Anyone know somewhere in Dublin that fixes screens for a decent price?
    Mtbeli

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

I think this offer was available in the UK. Some broadband provider (not sure who) were offering a £1 Laptop if you signed a 18 month contract. The Laptop as I recall was nothing to write home about and the contract was quite expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Thanks guys. Didnt really want to spend big, I have a
    dell insperion 1501, but the screen has just got damaged. Was quoted €200 to get the screen fixed.....

Would probably make more sense getting a new one.

Anyone know somewhere in Dublin that fixes screens for a decent price?

Mtbeli

You could buy a new screen for about 100quid on ebay, and they're quite handy to install. Alternatively you could just use an external monitor.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

in other contries you can get a netbook free but 24 moths at €20 euro (or more if you want more than 30 hours BB a month)

not really worth it unless you were already considering signing up and 2 years is a long time in BB terms

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dermatrov

This is happening in the C*rphone W*rehouse next week. (1st September)

Brilliant offer, sign up to Chorus ntl broadband and you can buy a laptop in there for €1. Standard 12 month contract, 20mb broadband for €42 a month, comes with a free wireless router also........

It is a Asus netbook with windows, wifi and webcam

Even students can get it with the new student broadband (3 months free)

Happy days.

Seems the recession has its uses.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

dermatrov wrote: »
    This is happening in the C*rphone W*rehouse next week. (1st September)

Brilliant offer, sign up to Chorus ntl broadband and you can buy a laptop in there for €1. Standard 12 month contract, 20mb broadband for €42 a month, comes with a free wireless router also........

It is a Asus netbook with windows, wifi and webcam

Even students can get it with the new student broadband (3 months free)

Happy days.

Seems the recession has its uses.:D

NTL **** - I'm a loyal customer and won't be eligible cos I'm not new. Oh, and it's €48 if you only have BB and not TV, and €51 if you choose not to pay by Direct Debit. Probably a charge for a paper bill now too. And then there'll be the charge for the accountants who come up with the extra charges.

Whores.

Thanks Dermatrov, I should have read your post better as I went to Carphone Warehouse in Omni today to buy it, but they couldnt sell it to me until tomorrow, as the offer wasnt launched yet. Ah well back tomorrow.:o (Kids back to school today so thought it was September......)

Sdonn, thanks also for your note? Checked with them, as i too am a customer of ntl and I can still get it, I have their tv and I qualify, so it is a pity you are so cynical?? Once you take their 20mb broadband you can buy the laptop for €1. Best bit is, if you want a better spec one you can have €249 towards any other laptop they have on sale.:D I think it is a great offer, much better than anything else out there. Hats off to them.

http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/product.php/451/73/asus_eee_pc_8gb_black/cc5d8ca612c2ca6ac1ddd2fc4616567b

It is an entry one, but perfectly good for surfing, email etc. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

hi does this apply for mobile broadband? or do they even have mobile broadband?

Hi Lucky Colm

Just got this from the carphonewarehouse website

http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/page.php/upc

Doesnt look like NTL do mobile broadband just cable.

UPC_.jpg

That is a pile of crap. That laptop is 2 years old, and it's really just a toy by todays standards. Not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

That is a pile of crap. That laptop is 2 years old, and it's really just a toy by todays standards. Not worth it.

U saying its not worth €1?? Was planning on signing up for NTL this week, this only sweetens the deal... Now, I just need to find a euro

unklerosco wrote: »
    U saying its not worth €1?? Was planning on signing up for NTL this week, this only sweetens the deal... Now, I just need to find a euro

Well if you were going to sign up anyway, that's great. But if you're signing up with that netbook being the main reason, it's a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Well if you were going to sign up anyway, that's great. But if you're signing up with that netbook being the main reason, it's a waste of time.

True... Same with any deal like that tho. NTL broadband is worth it tho, got it for the GF's folks last year. Beats the socks of eircom..

Advertisement