Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Taxi firm tackles Swine-Flu

Options
  • 27-08-2009 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Read yesterday that a Galway Taxi's are sanatising their cabs between fares in a bid to minimise swine flu. WTF? Great, now cab drivers are experts on pandemics as well as everthing else. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

The headline should be "Galway Taxis finally get cleaned"; several of the taxis going around (thankfully the minority) look like they haven't been cleaned out in years!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

Bus Eireann workers in Wicklow/Dub have to as well as a member of their staff has swine flu....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

They should clean there mouths out instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

They could do with cleaning up their act instead of trying to rip off passengers . . . assuming they are tourists. Several months ago I got a taxi in Eyre Square and wanted to go to Doughiska. The guy, a local, brought me out the Headford Road, then turned down the road for Two Mile Ditch, brought me to the Tuam Road roundabout, went out the Eastern Approach Road to the Briar Hill Shopping Centre and then to Doughiska. He looked for a fare of €20 (this normally costs around €13 or €14). Told him I wouldn't give it. Asked him to call Five O, he threatened to but didnt and he eventually settled on €12. Wouldn't use this company again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

you know when i saw that i actually thought it was a good step.
    there not claiming to be experts , there just trying to do something,
    which all companies are supposed to do,
    good on them i say (i agree they over charge though they way taxis charge in ireland is ridiculous )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

What are they sanatising it *with* though?

Not sure I want a lung full of chemicals, I'd rather plaster on the tea tree and take my chances!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭sam69

inisboffin wrote: »
    What are they sanatising it *with* though?

Not sure I want a lung full of chemicals, I'd rather plaster on the tea tree and take my chances!:p

Absolutely! There was some guy in Eyre Suare centre today selling some spray that killed all bacteria and viruses including swine-flu, allegedly :Bloody ridiculous!

As for the taxi drivers, are they gonna sanatise the wads of filthy money they carry from overcharging people?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

sam69 wrote: »
    Absolutely! There was some guy in Eyre Suare centre today selling some spray that killed all bacteria and viruses including swine-flu, allegedly :Bloody ridiculous!
    Haar! Did they all have bleach blonde hair and searing eye pain after spraying I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

I have to say fair play to them for at least showing that they are making an effort in preventing the spread of swine flu!

As for those that have complaints about taxis even if it was galway taxis overcharging why dont ye follow procedure !!! and get your reciept ring the regulator and the company kick up the fuss get your money back.... end of !!

Sick of every thread on here about people complaining bout them yet do nothing !!!!!! grrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Read yesterday that a Galway Taxi's are sanatising their cabs between fares in a bid to minimise swine flu. WTF? Great, now cab drivers are experts on pandemics as well as everthing else. :)

As for the taxi drivers, are they gonna sanatise the wads of filthy money they carry from overcharging people?

What overcharging are you talking about exactly?

If it's certain drivers who take the long way around due to malice or not knowing their way around the city, then fair enough.

But if you're talking about the charge of the meter then write to the Taxi Regulator.

Believe it or not, taxi drivers didn't agree with the charge increases which she implemented last year. It's hard enough to make a living without putting people off getting taxis because of fare increases.

And OP, what ****ing problem do you have in your life that you have to be so cynical about a company making a move that all companies will have to make soon enough?

They're just trying to do their bit.

Grow up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I propose drivers wear face-masks too so they might not talk as much. :rolleyes:

Advertisement