Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring Domains

Options
  • 27-08-2009 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭

I've got 10 domains (biz, com, mobi, net & org) registered with Godaddy, all of which are currently parked, that I want to transfer to my Blacknight account. Whats the best way to go about transferring them over and will there be any costs associated with transferring them?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Hi

Do you want to move the billing or simply the hosting?

If you just want to host them with us you'd be adding them to your hosting account and updating the nameservers

If you are transferring the billing you'd need to look at:

http://www.blacknight.com/transferdomain.html

NB: We aren't taking transfers for .mobi or .info for a couple of days - should be up and running again by Monday at the latest

Michele

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Thanks Michele I'll be transfering the billing so the whole thing would be on blacknight. They'll also be setup as forwarders to the main .ie domain so there wont be any hosting as such. Given the .mobi issue you mentioned I might leave it till next week before kicking anything off just so I can do it in one go.

Well I'm hoping the transfers will be "cooked" sooner rather than later .. I'll go slap a few programmers around to see if there's been any progress

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

OK I havent had a chance to actually get around to this until today but when I try and go through the process of moving 1 as a test its looking for €10.87 to register it for a year - but I've already paid GoDaddy for a years registration so why would I want to pay it again to yourselves when they were only registered initially back in may? :confused:

I'd been planing on moving 10 domains but theres no way in hell I'm moving them if its going to be costing me over €100 to do it :eek:

If the domains were only registered recently don't move their billing until closer to the renewal date. A billing transfer of a .com adds a year to the domain registration.

• Advertisement
Advertisement