Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have I missed

Options
  • 27-08-2009 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Used to post here a couple of years ago but haven't for a while.

I received a letter in the post saying that my firearms licence has been extended. So I came here to find out what the story was and seems theres been a lot of changes to the law.

My situation at present is I own a .17HMR but am moving county. How will this effect me I know I will have to inform both districts but whats the story with the extended licence.

Also I will need to purchase a gun safe how much will this cost and is there any new regulations that govern this.

Would also like to change the owenership of a shotgun how would I go about this?

Would also like to apply for a rifle licence for a .22lr

Have the prices changed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Welcome back Psitta - did the big red announcement at the top of the forums not answer all those questions (bar the moving one)?

On the moving one, I'm in the same boat; I'm just going to handle one complication at a time and get licences sorted out first and then transfer immediately afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭freddieot

Similar position myself. I have 3 but want to change one. Think I'll apply for the 3 then do a submission (when hopefully everythgin comes in ok).

Think the FO will have enough of a headache for the next few weeks without making it more complicated for both of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

My head is a bit fried at the moment and while I read all the info about the new SI's it didn't all exactly register.

My understanding is the license for the firearm I have has been extended but I will have to apply under a new application for my current firearm up to 3 months before it will expire.

The same will apply for change of ownership and new aplpication

As for the safe job that's straightford but is there a copy of the restricted list around I highly doubt my rimfire will fall into that category but I've been suprised by Irish law before.

I take it the new prices are 80e for 3 years so rifles have come down in price and shotguns have gone up. But the rifles have come down alot more than the shotguns have gone up so good news really.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the restricted list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

As for the safe job that's straightford but is there a copy of the restricted list around I highly doubt my rimfire will fall into that category but I've been suprised by Irish law before.

I take it the new prices are 80e for 3 years so rifles have come down in price and shotguns have gone up. But the rifles have come down alot more than the shotguns have gone up so good news really.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the restricted list?
    Your rimfire isn't restricted, but if you can't find the restricted list here, they're on the front page of the NTSA website (in the documents section on the right hand side): www.targetshootingireland.org

You need both as the second one is an amendment to the first.

Advertisement