Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ubuntu / Vodafone - Huawei connection question

• 27-08-2009 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

Hi there,

I've a freshly installed Ubuntu laptop.

When I set up the Huawei USB broadband connection I'm being prompted "Allow application access to keyring". I select "Always Allow". Then a box appears looking for "Mobile broadband network password".

I have to delete the connection and start again from scratch. It works ok, but when I re-boot it's back to the above scenario.

Any ideas how I could fix this?

BTW This problem wasn't there prior to my first update after the system install.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,336 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

could that prompt for the mobile network password be for the sim's pincode?
    If so then put the sim in a phone, switch on, then use the phone to switch off the requirement for pin to entered. then put the sim back in your modem.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I use the vodafone modem too, I think the password is "vodafone" (possibly "Vodafone"), but don't quote me on that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

croo's suggestion works fine. I used it on a Meteor USB Huawei dongle with PIN enabled. I use the dongle with Ubuntu and Mint.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭markyboy

Thanks for your replies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 codecrunchers

just a guess, but have you tried removing the entry from the keyring?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭velocirafter

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I use the vodafone modem too, I think the password is "vodafone" (possibly "Vodafone"), but don't quote me on that

Just a little irony in the fact that you used "quotation marks"....and I am now quoting you :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Delicious! And you can quote me on that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

I find this useful: - http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

that happens to me and I did all the trouble shooting you did,

what happens now and how I get it working.

box comes up it says input password for my 02 broadband modem. I just keep clicking on cancel again and again and it connects to the internet.

I can't explain it. but Ive tryed the whole password changing thing and it wont work even tryed deleting and reinstalling it.

the pressing cancel works for me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

• Advertisement
Advertisement