Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topshop Interview

Options
  • 27-08-2009 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I have an interview with Topshop in Cork in 2 weeks time and was wondering if anyone could tell me what sort of clothes I shoud wear? I presume that a suit is out of the question but I don't want to be too casual either.

Does anyone know what type of questions they generally ask? Never went for an interview for a retail job before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I think there is something about this in the work and jobs section.

As far as I remember they ask a lot about working on teams and team work.

I would suggest that you wear a smart trousers and top. Ideally a top from topshop. Might be worth taking a look at their current stock and be able to discuss in colours etc.

Best of luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Pumpkinseed

I'd say dont wear a suit, too much, but wear something fashionable but presentable. I think a funky whiteshirt and the right accesories should be fine or something along those lines. Have clean hair and nails etc.

They will prob ask you bout the product, what you think of it, who are their rivals, what you think of their shop layout etc.

Then about yourself as well, like how well do you work with others/on your own, what motivates you, when was a time you didn't meet your goals, name a time where you were working in a high pressure situation and how did you cope, describe a time where you had responsibilty...all dat bla de bla stuff!

might be some useful stuff here....http://www.topman.com/careers/index.html

good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Dolphins

Thanks for the replies. Have 2 weeks anyway so should have plenty of time to do my homework on them and get the right outfit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

I'd say wear a suit. From what I know of these things, you can't go into an interview "too" formal. You can, however, go to an interview dressed too casually.
    A suit suggests some sort of respect for the company and the interview panel and that you're taking the thing seriously.

You can always wear a "jazzy" shirt and tie to brighten it up a little. Besides, topshop sell suits, waistcoats, etc so it wouldn't look out of place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Dolphins

Thanks for the reply. Think I'd look a bit out of place in a shirt and tie though seeing as I'm a girl!!:D You couldn't have known that though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

I like the suggestion to wear an outfit from topshop! I think it could work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I'd say wear a suit. From what I know of these things, you can't go into an interview "too" formal. You can, however, go to an interview dressed too casually.
    A suit suggests some sort of respect for the company and the interview panel and that you're taking the thing seriously.

You can always wear a "jazzy" shirt and tie to brighten it up a little. Besides, topshop sell suits, waistcoats, etc so it wouldn't look out of place.
    I loled at this.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Hi Dolphins,

I reported your original post to the moderators of this forum, suggesting it be moved to a more suitable forum, but I was clearly ignored! Anyway, you'll probably get much more detailed and helpful replies* in either the Fashion & Appearance forum (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=464 ) or the Work & Jobs forum (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=10 ). Best of luck in the interview!

*That's not to say the replies here aren't helpful though!

Advertisement