Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Modules & Electives did you pick???

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Robotics Design :D Can't freakn wait for that

Ditto!

Playing with lego technic and getting credits for it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

got my 2 electives thank god!!

French Gen Purp 1 and Intro to Applied Psychology :D

I'm going for a joint major in English and Philosophy
    And I'm taking electives in Japanese
    I'm dying to get started!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

taz70 wrote: »
    HEA = Health Sciences Building

Yeah - small "admin" detail, like the actual name of the building!! Don't give advice if you don't know for certain!!

Really now, cos mine says Newman building, and then after the classroom number, give the extra letters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 L.i.t.h.i.u.m

Hey, I got my elective confirmed yesterday from provisional but I decided after to drop it and take up another one COMP10030, it says confirmed aswell, there was 13 spaces but the lectures show up on my timetable but the one hour tutuorial isnt there at all, on my general or weekly one and there isnt an option to pick a time it just says "automatically registered".... do you think I have that as an elective or should I look for another one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Eamon27

Lithium I'm doing the exact same elective and I'm having the same problem. I'd say we'll be able to choose our tutorial times during one of the lectures, the tutorials don't start until the third week, so if there is a problem we'll have plenty of time to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭taz70

Mushy wrote: »
    Really now, cos mine says Newman building, and then after the classroom number, give the extra letters.

Well then, you just run along to Newman and just ignore that silly old timetable :P

But seriously, HEA means Health Sciences Building. The timetable always lists the room and then the building. There should be a list of codes somewhere as well - just so you can confirm for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

AGR Agri/Food Science Centre
    ART Newman Building (Arts and Human Sciences)
    CSI Computer Science and Informatics
    DAE Daedalus Building
    ENG Engineering and Material Science Centre
    HEA Health Sciences Centre
    NEWST Newstead
    QUI Quinn School (Business)
    RCC Richview Classrooms
    RCV Richview School of Architecture
    ROE Roebuck Castle (Law)
    SCI Science Edu/Res HUB
    SCN Science North – PHYSICS
    SCS Science South – CHEMISTRY
    SCW Science West – BIOLOGY
    VET Veterinary Sciences Centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fergus123

have intro to archeology on tuesday anyone any idea what i should study?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

bnt wrote: »
    I got both the ones I requested, but they were in-programme, and not on any "easy electives" list by a long shot. I hope I don't live to regret that ...
    Update: after the first of the electives, I'm definitely regretting it, and I'm going to take an unnecessary hit to my GPA. The second one looks better, but not by much, and so I've chickened out and changed it to something else that, while not an "easy elective" to most people, is a subject in which I have previous experience. It's the last semester of a 3-year degree, so this is no time to be a hero!

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

Taking about electives what would be better (not easier) computer science or economics?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Michaelrsh wrote: »
    Taking about electives what would be better (not easier) computer science or economics?

Depends what you're interested in really! Which CS elective were you thinking of doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

Depends what you're interested in really! Which CS elective were you thinking of doing?

It's "computer science for engineers 1", I'm in science but I didn't take intro to programming 1 so I have to kinda go will that module if I want to learn a computer language. I thought macroeconomics would be interesting but not really as useful as computer science.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If it's an introductory programming course, then that would probably be more useful to you than an economics course, but that's just my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Jaybl

Anyone have anything useful to say about Graphs and Networks ?? Just worried that it might be really hard. It is hard or whats the deal with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Anyone done Information Design IS10030 as an elective? If so, how was it?

Advertisement