Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when do you apply

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

For those in the know, some clarification please. The new system being up and running. does this mean they start looking at paperwork then at a local level, or does it mean they've already looked at submitted paperwork and that's when we'll start seeing the new licences issued?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

No applications will be processed/looked at until 15th September at the earliest. No substitutions within this time period. After 31/10 maybe.

The new computer/processing system simply is not up and functioning at present so they cannot process the applications.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

ezridax wrote: »
    No applications will be processed/looked at until 15th September at the earliest. No substitutions within this time period. After 31/10 maybe.

Hmm, wang. Would make most sense for them to be processed at local level and when the national behemoth gets rolling, to just get the ones already dealt with out of the way immediately.

Hmm, wang. Would make most sense for them to be processed at local level and when the national behemoth gets rolling, to just get the ones already dealt with out of the way immediately.

Sorry IWM, i misread your post. I'm sure the local Super will be up to his elbows trying to sign off on as many applications as he can. My point of the applications not being processed was in reference to Dublin and the processing of applications and issuing of cards.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Sorry IWM, i misread your post. I'm sure the local Super will be up to his elbows trying to sign off on as many applications as he can. My point of the applications not being processed was in reference to Dublin and the processing of applications and issuing of cards.

Ah right, excellent so. Well, I guess that's something. It should mean guys who already have stuff in will have their licences within days after the 15th.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭PJ Hunter

Bit vindictive, seems mine isn't the only mask slipping :p

I think it'd be a brave Garda who did not do somebody after 31st October at a check point, *possession of an unlicensed firearm*. pacman.gif your extention expired. "Yeah, I agree it's a mess" sir :pac:

an post. miles off;) "Yeah, I agree it's a mess":p

postoffice.jpg

..................It should mean guys who already have stuff in will have their licences within days after the 15th.

Hopefully. Got my extensions a week and a half late. Filled them in as quick as possible thinking every day i delayed was a day lost. Seems kinda futile now but if the super has filled in my applications and forwarded them on to Dublin then as you said it just needs the rubber stamping and i'm good to go. Well other than the €640 licence fee that is.

Hopefully. Got my extensions a week and a half late. Filled them in as quick as possible thinking every day i delayed was a day lost. Seems kinda futile now but if the super has filled in my applications and forwarded them on to Dublin then as you said it just needs the rubber stamping and i'm good to go. Well other than the €640 licence fee that is.

Jaysus. That's a very steep bill. As a poxy student, the €160 for me isn't a happy time either. :p And mine'll be split in two bunches.

CCTV - €2000
    Monitored alram - €2500
    Gun Safes - €2200
    Floor safe and hidden safe - €900
    Reinforced gunroom door and locks - €550
    Sealing window and Window bars - €120
    Lock box for back of Jeep - €480
    Licence fees - €640
    2 Rottweillers - €€€€€€€€€€ (eating me out of house and home)

Total over the last 3 years to date - €9390

Sweet jaysus. Thats the first time i've put those down on paper(screen). Seriously you'd have to be mad. That doesn't cover trigger locks, gun transport/carry cases, and other little tid bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

rrpc wrote: »
    Yeah, I agree it's a mess,

And I agree with you rrpc. FUBAR,:p:p:p

Sikamick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

“There’s no messiah in here. There’s a mess, all right, but no messiah. Now go away!”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

Ive not recieved my renewal letters yet! Im I alone on this one:confused:

Don't know about being alone on that, but you really should contact your FO or Dublin about it. You are without licences at the moment (legally). Everyone has to apply 3 months prior to the expiry of their extensions be it November, March, June whatever but everyone should have recieved their extensions within a couple of weeks of each other but no later than now. Chase it up cause if you are stopped with any firearm on you your old licence has expired and you have no extension. (again unlicenced, hence illegal)

Advertisement