Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clean Shower Doors????

Options
  • 27-08-2009 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anybody know anything effective to clean shower doors?
    Tried loads of cleaners/protectors and nothing does the job - doors are relatively new too!

Cheers,
    Keith

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I don't know what kind of stain you're trying to remove, but if it's those streaky hard water lime-scale marks, then try a cloth dipped in some lemon juice and then dipped in ordinary table salt and rub the offending areas. Kim and Aggie on 'How clean is your house?' swear by it, and although I was a bit sceptical to start with it does actually work. The acid in the juice dissolves the lime-scale and the salt acts as a very mild abrasive.

They used to use exactly that combination to clean dishes and pots and pans before the invention of washing up detergents apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Yeah the limescale stains - excellent will that a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Oh yes, another option is white vinegar, with or without the salt. Both work equally as well IMO, but the lemon juice smells a bit better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Working with bathrooms for years best solution either lemon and water 50% mix or Vinager and water 50% mix. Note do not use malt vinager! It might stain!

The tracks are usually the bitch places. Best thing here is vinager and cotton bud. Remember vinager is an acid. Dont know if its a base acid or acid acid if you catch my drift. but it is acidic so if you use it to clean wheels you will have to lube them. any oil fine oil will do, even vegtable but I use 3 in 1 or silicone spray.I know a plumber that used his moths bio oil but i thought that a bit over kill.

Vinager also works great on the taps. What you do is wrap your taps in a tin layer of toilt roll and sprinkle in vinager water solution. Leave there an hour.Wipe off. Speakleing taps.

Also brilliant on shower heads/Glass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭thebiglad

I use Mr Muscle Glass Cleaner (green liquid) - works fine to remove lime scale build up etc on my shower doors.

• Advertisement
Advertisement