Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with geting started

• 27-08-2009 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hey guys, I've been considering foreign satellite for a while now as opposed to Sky but I have a few questions. Firstly I would not like to go above what I am paying for Sky at the minute(£47 per month) 1. Receiver - I've been looking at the Manhatton Plaza XT-CM, is this a good choice considering that money is quite tight and I am not really bothered about HD at the minute? 2. Dish, LNB etc - For this year anyway to balance out the costs, I need 28e and 13e but am looking to add 16e in future. What size should I consider? And can I use that dish for my satellite receiver and a Sky digibox? If so what is needed to do this? 3. Package - I know that Al Jazeera is fast becoming a very good package but I would like to have EPL, should I go for ART or Cyfra +? Thanks in advance guys, I'm in Tyrone by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

If i was you i would keep the skybox and dish (For the UK FTA stuff, allowing someone else to watch uk programmes while you watch footie). Then get a cheap viaccess receiver and an 80cm dish. An Art and al jazeera card will work in the viaccess receiver and you can have your 80cm pointed at hotbird. If you want to get a motor as well you will be well set up. I would NOT recommend Cyfra+ if you have no interest in HD as the football available on cyfra will be available on art/al jazeera.

I think humax do a cheap viaccess receiver

Advertisement