Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Michael Graham on Newstalk

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

irish_bob wrote: »
    il edit my post to leinster the day i see it as nesscessery , i havent noticed radio outside dublin being opinion based , i see nothing wrong with it though

Its ok, it is not uncommon for people who rarely venture outside of the pale to that its the be all and end all of Ireland. Facts sometimes go astray.

Anyway....

Listend to a few podcasts of Michael Graham and he comes across as an utter flag waving gob $hite who thinks that America is infallible and basicly talks crap. A poor mans Charlie Wolf I think. Hooky just lets him off while the general listenership thinks to himself, what an utter gobsite that yank is!

Opinion based radio is welcome but at least have somebody on that people can listen to without thinking "@sshole"! He is a clown.

Listen to Carl Thomas on Today FM on tuesdays. He is as much of a right winger as Michael but makes his points very clearly and is not afirad to say "America is wrong" or "The GOP are wrong" but can give as well as take. It is a guy like that they should have on newstalk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,578 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Micheal Graham is loudmouth bullshit generator. Nothing more. He's knows the buttons he's pressing and he presses them to cause a stir. I doubt he even believes half the nonsense he spouts himself.

Besides, how can anyone take ANYBODY who says "Euro-weeny" seriously?

He's alright for "2 minutes of hate" on a Friday, but for a whole show...no thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭FutureTaoiseach

I love his contempt for Political-Correctness. Fair play to him for defending freedom of speech by opposing the nonsensical blasphemy-ban. On the other hand, I dislike his support for the war in Iraq and Israel. He also makes a lot of sense with respect to the fact that our failed health service is because government-run health-care doesn't work as well as the private-sector. The only problem with the American health service is affordability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

I love his contempt for Political-Correctness. Fair play to him for defending freedom of speech by opposing the nonsensical blasphemy-ban. On the other hand, I dislike his support for the war in Iraq and Israel. He also makes a lot of sense with respect to the fact that our failed health service is because government-run health-care doesn't work as well as the private-sector. The only problem with the American health service is affordability.

i fully agree taoiseach , i would like to see our health service entirely privatised with the states only role being to precent gouging like we see in america from the insurance companies , i presently pay 700 euro a year for private health , im single , thats 12 quid a week , due to the fact that the benefits of private insurance are not at all clearly defined in this country , its debatable if my insurance is worth it , if however the health service was private and free of all the politics and horse trading with unions that goes on , i would see 700 a year as very little to cover my health , i know that the cost of a couple with four kids is around 2500 a year presently which is 50 quid a week , due our very generous wellfare state , their is no reason that any family in ireland could not afford private health insurance ( not in present scenario i must reiterate ) as even those on the dole who often spend 50 a week on ciggarettes , booze and bookies would have no excuse not to cover for thier health , if someone spends all thier money on takeaways and the horses , i for one dont think our taxes should be paying for thier liver surgery , like i said , i belive a private health care system would focus more on the patient and would remove all the politics that engulfs our present system , in a private system , it would not be almost impossible to fire surplus to requirement administrators as no td would be relying on votes from that employeese family etc , the state would keep its distance and only play a role in preventing gouging like in the united states , unfortunatley due to our left wing media , private health care has got a terrible rap in this country , people would not go to the goverment to fix thier car , why should they to fix thier gammy leg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Salvelinus

Speaking out against the blasphemy ban, wow he's great. As for public vs private, he's another one of those morons that think the "market" is some all powerful monolithic entitiy that trumps everything. Irelands health care problem is a symptom of our failure to elect peopl based on competence and qualifications and failing to punish bad politicians. I bet he claims to be a good pro-life christian but has no problem with treating peoples health like a commodity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

nonesense , he was more than couteous to her , the woman was out of her depth , for the 1st time in her life , she was not unconditionally lauded for her possition , away from the comfort of the mainstream left wing irish media , she was exposed for the lightweight she is

shouting at someone and not letting them answer a question is your idea of courtesy?? wow. you're a hell of a guy!

shouting at someone and not letting them answer a question is your idea of courtesy?? wow. you're a hell of a guy!

i didnt hear him shout once , besides his style is one of typical american brashness and her answers were pure stock in trade politically correct waffle

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

i didnt hear him shout once , besides his style is one of typical american brashness and her answers were pure stock in trade politically correct waffle

In fairness you could never call Michael Graham politically correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,578 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

You can't even call him correct, most of the time.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Salvelinus wrote: »
    Speaking out against the blasphemy ban, wow he's great. As for public vs private, he's another one of those morons that think the "market" is some all powerful monolithic entitiy that trumps everything. Irelands health care problem is a symptom of our failure to elect peopl based on competence and qualifications and failing to punish bad politicians. I bet he claims to be a good pro-life christian but has no problem with treating peoples health like a commodity.

Nah he actually came across as quite a lascivious character in relation to women, very much doubt he's a happily married man myself!

Dub13 wrote: »
    In fairness you could never call Michael Graham politically correct.

go back to sleep

Advertisement