Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long shot: Anyone know roughly how long it takes to get home from UCD/Ratoath?

Options
  • 27-08-2009 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Thx!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TheJeanGenie

It really would depend on the bus. I'm guessing you'll need two buses, one into town and then from town to UCD. A bus from town to UCD is generally around 20-40 mins depending on traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

not really a longshot I know 2 people in my year from there/ashbourne however I dont know if they want me to reveal theyre names

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭pseudo_23

I dont want peoples names, just an idea of how long it takes them to get home after lectures

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

I travel to Trim. Generally, it takes me 1.5hr to get home from UCD if I time it right to catch the Bus Eireann. Ratoath should be half hour quicker.

cue wrote: »
    I travel to Trim. Generally, it takes me 1.5hr to get home from UCD if I time it right to catch the Bus Eireann. Ratoath should be half hour quicker.

what number bus do you get?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 JBUCD

Depends on the time. For example during rush hour it takes me 1.30hr to get home. But if I head home at around 1-2 I can get home in 40minutes :rolleyes:
    Dont worry too much about travelling. Once you get the first week over, you get use to travelling the same route.

JBUCD wrote: »
    Depends on the time. For example during rush hour it takes me 1.30hr to get home. But if I head home at around 1-2 I can get home in 40minutes :rolleyes:
    Dont worry too much about travelling. Once you get the first week over, you get use to travelling the same route.

yeah but my problem is that i'd like to keep my job and work evenings but i need an idea of how long it will take me to get back home and into work to see if its feasible or whether i need to look for a new job. Whats the latest you think i'd get back to ratoath by if i finish at 5pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

Well I get the 70x from Dunboyne and it takes me about an hr and a half (that's getting it at 5.15 one). I don't know what the Bus Eireann situation is but if you could get dropped to/collected from Dunboyne, I'd imagine it'd be cheaper (it's only €2.50 daily when you use a student 30 day rambler).

Advertisement