Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My bus doesnt get to UCD until 9:10am, what can i do for my lectures at 9am?....

Options
  • 27-08-2009 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

There's nothing i can do to get there sooner

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

pseudo_23 wrote: »
    Attach a Flux capacitor to the bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Theres very little you can do.

Magic Carpet?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭pseudo_23

but would being late be a huge deal or is it a frequent occurrence?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

I can't think of the dublin buses that don't have a bus get to UCD before 8:30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TheJeanGenie

Where are you coming from? there might be another way in, might involve 2 buses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Missing 10mins is not the end of the world but you may miss the meaning of the lecture if you miss the intro.

coming from ratoath, leaves at 7:45 and arrives at 9:05 and its direct. I guess i could use a 2 bus option. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Did a quick google search and found this site that allows people to liftshare:
    http://www.tripmi.ie/ might be worth a look

Failing that I guess post your message everywhere and anywhere in and around campus or in your home town/city to see if anyone drives that way and you could chip in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

Get yourself a Dail seat, then you can hire a limo to take you to lectures.

...Or just live in the he Montrose Hotel at the taxpayer's expense

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

It'd be the responsibility of the student to get in on time. Some lecturers do not take kindly to being even 5 minutes late.

However, you may also try the UCD car sharing site. There are people offering lifts to and from UCD:

Info: http://www.ucd.ie/news/2008/01JAN08/240108_carsharing.html

Site: http://www.carsharing.ie/prelogin.php?c_id=4&c_name=ucd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Could you get on of these buses and then get a 10 from O'Connell Street? I don't know Ratoath at all so I may not have picked the right bus! It seems to be about a 50 minute to an hour into the city centre.

http://194.106.151.94/jplan/bin/query.exe/en?seqnr=1&ident=jt.06856187.1251395255&OK#focus

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

To get into college in good time .... u would wanna be on the 10 bus by 8.15 at the latest

It takes a good bit of time to get out to belfield in the morning.

I hav to take 2 buses meself :(........4 a day.... 20 a week ....80 a month .
    * monthly student bus ticket is the only reason im still doin it* ha!

I used to have to get 2 buses until I found a handy xpress bus but still have to go through the city when going home which is a pain in the ****.

I had all 9 o'clock starts last semester!

I used to have to get 2 buses until I found a handy xpress bus but still have to go through the city when going home which is a pain in the ****.

I had all 9 o'clock starts last semester!

AWH THE EXPRESS BUSSES! I LOVE THEM! ha!

SO GONNA CHECK THE TIMES FOR THEM TO GET THEM ALL THE TIME NOW!

Tnks for reminding me ! :D

Honestly one of the best things ever. I have to walk about 15 mins to get one but its so worth it. Most buses over my side of town are wrecked and smell of urine, but those buses are just amazing!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Move closer?

Honestly one of the best things ever. I have to walk about 15 mins to get one but its so worth it. Most buses over my side of town are wrecked and smell of urine, but those buses are just amazing!

YE.... i m coming from finglas meself and hav to wlk for the 2nd bus also.
    Its great also as to how they are dearer but it doesnt matter once ya hav the student ticket!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

Iancar29 wrote: »

Just remember that the Express (xpresso) buses were slashed heavily at the start of the summer, especially those out the Tallifornia direction.

It is ridiculous, i don't live near tallaght i live on the other side of Dublin. There's only 3 buses in the morning and three in the afternoon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Iancar29 wrote: »

I hope your not still paying for monthlys my good man, the €75 30 day non consecutive is surely considerably better value, also possible the student 10 journey (with 90 min transfer) is better value. Two journeys instead of 4 at €1 per journey, about 21 working days per month is €42.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Michelle.Murphy

coming from ratoath, leaves at 7:45 and arrives at 9:05 and its direct. I guess i could use a 2 bus option. :mad:

Hi, yeah i gonna have to get two buses too and i coming from tallaght for vet nursing this year. Oh you said you can't get in till 9.10am but a girl I know who is starting vet nursing this year with me has registered with ucd and said she could pick what time she wants to take her lectures at, she chose 10am and 2pm I think. Maybe you can do this too with your course. I never knew we could do this!! I could only accept my cao offer this morning so i won't be able to reg till next tuesday :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Michelle.Murphy

stop wrote: »
    Just remember that the Express (xpresso) buses were slashed heavily at the start of the summer, especially those out the Tallifornia direction.

Yeah I could have got the 50x or 65x from tallaght straight out to ucd but of course they took them off the year I got in boo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

I used to commute from Portarlington every morning for six months and always made it before 9, so you should be grand.;) Even if you're late it doesn't matter, at least you're going to the lecture which is the main thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

move into on campus accomm.
    lived in glenomena. used to crawl out of bed at 8:45 and was still on time for 9:00 lectures. :cool:

Hi, yeah i gonna have to get two buses too and i coming from tallaght for vet nursing this year. Oh you said you can't get in till 9.10am but a girl I know who is starting vet nursing this year with me has registered with ucd and said she could pick what time she wants to take her lectures at, she chose 10am and 2pm I think. Maybe you can do this too with your course. I never knew we could do this!! I could only accept my cao offer this morning so i won't be able to reg till next tuesday :mad:

yeah but most of your lectures are preselected and as far as i know the vet nursing ones all start at 9 so i dont see how she can start at 10am. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 JBUCD

Student bus ticket is a life saver. I save so much money. I have the choice of taking two buses to UCD. Or walk 15minutes and take the 17. Although since the 17 breaks down so much its basically like taking two buses..... :D

JBUCD wrote: »
    Student bus ticket is a life saver. I save so much money. I have the choice of taking two buses to UCD. Or walk 15minutes and take the 17. Although since the 17 breaks down so much its basically like taking two buses..... :D

tell me more about this student bus ticket, how much, where can you use it (outside dublin) etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 JBUCD

You can find info about it here http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Fares--Tickets/Student-Travel/
    Rambler 5 Day Adult €20.00

Student 5 Day Rambler €15.00
    • Valid for unlimited travel for 5 non consecutive days
    • Valid on Dublin Bus scheduled services including Xpresso (excluding Airlink, Nitelink, Tours, Special Events and Private Contract services)
    • Student Travelcard require

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

JBUCD wrote: »
    You can find info about it here http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Fares--Tickets/Student-Travel/
    Rambler 5 Day Adult €20.00

Student 5 Day Rambler €15.00
    • Valid for unlimited travel for 5 non consecutive days
    • Valid on Dublin Bus scheduled services including Xpresso (excluding Airlink, Nitelink, Tours, Special Events and Private Contract services)
    • Student Travelcard require
    If you're using the bus to commute, the Student 30 day rambler for €75 is slightly better value.

Advertisement