Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website under construction-Feedback needed

Options
  • 27-08-2009 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Im having a website built

Here is its current incarnation

http://www.varoom.ie/turfbucketalt/index.php

Im not sure so far about the colours and fonts.

Any feedback appreciated. (Please note the site is not yet functional)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Colour and font advice especially appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Sorry that I can't be too constructive with my criticism but I don't like either the colours or the fonts.

TBH there's very little I like about the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Thanks S.M.B.

Your Honesty is very much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ceoltoir

It looks great Really-Worried! I especially like the logo. The animated graphic at the top is somewhat distracting and doesn't really blend in with the rest of the page. The line of red shirts at the top is likewise a bit strong; maybe they could be in different colours. Other than that it looks very professional. Good luck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

A few to the point points....

Dump that text from the homepage (yes, all of it (except some keyword stuff)), you're not trying to sell text, you're selling t-shirts. That's super prime real estate so put your products there.

Want pix of products (linked), prices, don't hide them, delivery info etc. Make my purchase decision easy.

Where's your physical address, I defo don't trust you without that. Showstopper.

Tell your designer to stop using grey on grey or other washed out/poor contrast colours, they're bad for readability and appaling for colourblind people.

Scrolling t-shirts at top, meh.

Page design is miles out of touch with your brand (punk, attitude, aggro etc) I'd have something like inkblots (despite them being hackneyed), earrings, chains and 'sh1t' in the design not some white main div on a blue to white gradient (boring sh1t design). Compare to something like http://www.tshirthell.com/hell.shtml (except for crappy Flash)

Going to external shop site (and in a new window) is a turn off.

Text on t-shirt navigation needs work, pixelation doesn't do it well enough and they've too much height stealing real estate.

hth

pub.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Don't like the font at all, looks too .. jagged or something, not sure, but I fin't the headings uncomfortable to look at for long.

Menu goes way out of alignment on terms.php

The margin between the menu and your heading isn't consistent across all pages. Also, the margin under your heading varies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

As was said before you seem a bit confused as to brand image
    Logo quite good and in keeping with the "ethos" of the T-shirts but a bit garish, drop the brightness level a little

Blue gradient background, a bit to fluffy for your brand

Sales page style from Facebook, what's with that?

T-shirts on right of home page should be links, possibly to categories
    • Drink
    • Girls
    • Politics
    • Society
    • Current affairs
    With a representative sample from each

Best of luck with it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

I find the site is very slow to load, that's putting me right off. Design & layout wise I like the site, the only thing I would change would be the images of the T-Shirts and the fonts on them. I'd give the T-Shirts more dept, I'd probably make them fade to white using gifs rather than them changing instantly, but that's just me.

Advertisement