Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

deposits from student accom

• 27-08-2009 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi
    any one know when the deposits from the student apartments are due back?? and how much should i expect back out of €800 with no major damage to the apartment??
    thanks!:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

You should get your deposit back in or around the last month of living in your accomodation.

Make sure you take plenty of pictures of your apartment/house and make sure they're dated.

If nothing is damaged and everything is as it is then you should get your full deposit back.

If your landlord says something is amiss when it's not then that's when your pictures will come in handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

That guy , Thats good advice in general but maybe more suited to rockfield , college manor etc , the student apartments there shouldnt be a problem getting a deposit back IF there is no damage etc. Bit early in the year since your just starting tomorrow to be looking for your depost back :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Stayed there in my first year. Think I got my deposit back around this time, maybe later. There was money taken off for electricity and they insist on getting cleaners in even if the place is spotless when you leave.

I was charged €20 or something stupid just to hoover my room. THEN you have to pay for the cleaning of the kitchen/ sitting area aswell.

And when we left it it was spotless like. Someone else could have happily moved in straight away.

The people who run the College Apartments are money grabbers, plain and simple.

Advertisement