Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any Mature students knockin about?

• 27-08-2009 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Is anyone else startin in DCU this year as a mature student??? I aint got any information from the college yet?? does anyone know what happens in over the next few weeks!!

its a ll a bit new to me really!

:cool: & :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

Im a mature student in Trinity but I went to DCU. I did a degree in Analytical Science. What ya doing?
    Reg stuff probably wont come till next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭giveliberty

jedbartlet wrote: »
    Is anyone else startin in DCU this year as a mature student??? I aint got any information from the college yet?? does anyone know what happens in over the next few weeks!!

its a ll a bit new to me really!

:cool: & :confused:

I am a current Mature Student - are you going to the Mature Student orientation week? I will be speaking at it.

You should get material in the next week or so. You will find the Orientation week very very interesting, lots of different speakers and excellent tips. You will get to know some of the other mature students in your class as well. What course you going into too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 jedbartlet

Thanks for the replys guys, its one of those things where i wont be happy till im there and i know its all happened. Im doing the EPL thingy! Economics, politics & law! I belive there is usually a mixed bag re teh mature students ie ages and stuff. Im 33 so not totally out of touch with youth culture! Ill defo be attending anything i can to get to grips with all that DCU has to offer. Who knows i might even be speaking at next years induction week!!!

:D

roll on teh good times

Thanks for the replys guys, its one of those things where i wont be happy till im there and i know its all happened. Im doing the EPL thingy! Economics, politics & law! I belive there is usually a mixed bag re teh mature students ie ages and stuff. Im 33 so not totally out of touch with youth culture! Ill defo be attending anything i can to get to grips with all that DCU has to offer. Who knows i might even be speaking at next years induction week!!!

roll on teh good times

Hehe.....but yeah, it's a good mix in EPL, good course - I'm doing Communications, but I know a feel people in EPL. Enjoy the week! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

i'm 21, does that count? :pac: doing epl as well, i'll see you soon i guess!

• Advertisement

Alas no, you are not a mature student, as much as you may feel like one lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭MonaghanPenguin

jedbartlet, I'm so jealous, what a great name.

well Mr.President, you say you haven't gotten any info from the college yet, did you get an invite to the mature student summer school?

I was 21 in first year in EPL and I always got taken for a mature student, I used to deny it furiously. I loved the lectures and my class were great craic. It's a great course and the lecturers are all very friendly and approachable, don't worry about fitting in at all and make sure you get some great class parties going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 jedbartlet

jedbartlet, I'm so jealous, what a great name.

well Mr.President, you say you haven't gotten any info from the college yet, did you get an invite to the mature student summer school?

:rolleyes: there was a mature students summer school!!! never heard a thing! ah lucky enough im a good mixer! lol At least i have one new friend in teh class even if he is only 21! ill do my best to lead him astray as much as possible! :eek:

Hey Jed, check your private messages re: mature student summer school.
    Ah EPL has a few mature students you'll be settled in no time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 ckkelly

roll on teh good times

Hiya

I'm going to DCU to study Multimedia. I'm 33 too but I don't care that I'm out of touch with youth culture - have you heard some of that music? it's cack. I believe the '80's are 'in' so youth culture is going to look like people you used to go to school with I imagine. If you're heading to the orientation thing I'll be one looking slighty terrified and very confused. But hopeful like!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 VelvetKevorkian

Heyas, I'm a mature student too, but only 23 so just scraped through!!!! Headin into that 2 day thingy, is anyone else????

• Registered Users Posts: 46 candysapple

Hi, I'm going to the 2 day thing. When I had my interview for the course (International Relations) they said I was the only mature student they knew had applied. eep! hope to meet others at the 'summer school'

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ckkelly

Hi, I'm going to the 2 day thing. When I had my interview for the course (International Relations) they said I was the only mature student they knew had applied. eep! hope to meet others at the 'summer school'

i KNEW they only let me in 'cos they were short of noddies!

Advertisement