Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

False Eyelashes

• 27-08-2009 7:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭

I want to get fake eyelashes for the debs, preferably the ones that come in singles, so you can choose how many you want on, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations? I dont care much about price, unless theyre unbelievably expensive. I want them to be reasonably natural looking and easy to use. I have never used them before, should I get someone with experience to apply them for me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

If you are goin for the single ones that you apply individually def get someone with experienc to apply. If you are using strip lashes they are pretty easy to apply yourself.
    Try this place
    http://thelashbar.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 cocoloca

If you are going to put them on yourself I would recommed doing a trial run before the debs as it can be a little tricky and you can't really see how natual they are until you put them on or get someone to put them on. I recommend strip lashes. Mac has some really nice ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Go to a professional if you haven't done it before. I'm a beautician and can throw the strip ones on myself without even looking in a mirror but catch me on the wrong day and even I can muck up the single ones :rolleyes: Drives me mad!

But don't dismiss the strip lashes ~ they can look fab with dramatic makeup and if it's your debs I assume that will be the case?

Also, the ones that beauticians use tend to be different from the ones you buy in a chemist. They tend to be more flexible and easy to use...the others always seem really stiff and awkward.

The other thing is that you may be allergic to the glue so definately do a trial run first. I can only get on with certain brands of glue. The one used on me for my wedding day trial made me look like Mike Tyson had beaten the crap out of me :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

Might I recommend the Girls Aloud by Eyelure range, they are perfect for beginners! I was never able to put on fake eyelashes before these, but they are basically foolproof! The best thing is that they only cost €6 so even if you mess up one pair with the glue you can start with a fresh pair! They are strip lashes but fit most peoples eyes, if not you can gently trim the end with a scissors! The "Nadine", "Nicola" and "Cheryl" ones are the best, Nadine is the most natural one, Cheryl is really dramatic and more suited to a night club, Nicola is my favourite (my name as well....!) and I wore these ones to my debs!!

Give them a go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭sharms

nono no if ur doing it yourself dont us the eyelure girls aloud ones. i tried them once because htey looked good. I always use the normal eyelure lashes and they are great, the girls aloud ones are not as strong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I havent a clue how to have gotten several different types (inc GA ones) but just cant out them on. Any advice??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭twentysomething

Can you reuse false eyelashes, or are they a one use thing?
    What about the pre glued ones, are they any good, thinking about wearing some for a wedding i'm going to next week.
    Also, should you put mascara on them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

I was absolutely USELESS at putting on strip lashes up until recently. I'd have to pay e30 to get eyelash extensions done (which are great- they last up to 2 wks if u look after them! - but it wasn't the most pleasant experience getting them put on as the fumes from the glue make your eye water.
    However! Recently I decided enough was enough and I watched one or two youtube tutorials on how to properly apply fake eyelashes. Basically what I learned from these tutorials was to apply the strip lashes AFTER you do your complete eyemakeup (including one or two coats of mascara) and that when you're applying them look down onto a mirror, to help you attach them onto the lash line.
    I've used the GA Eyelure lashes since and have had a great success! I've reused my Sarah lashes 3 times already! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Can you reuse false eyelashes, or are they a one use thing?
    What about the pre glued ones, are they any good, thinking about wearing some for a wedding i'm going to next week.
    Also, should you put mascara on them?
    Depends how well you look after them or what kinds you get.
    I personally put them on after mascara because the will get destroyed if you do put it on after .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭legal eagle 1

I get mine done at the beauticians for any events or special nights and it usually only costs me €15 and its well worth it. The beautician can create a specific look you want using the individual lashes and they usually last a whole weekend if you take care of them! I tried the strips but, what i find with them is they tend to lift and start to come off as the night goes on and the heat starts to affect the glue. If it was me i'd go get the individual ones done at the beauticians ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭1071823928

iv never used the individual lashes but id definatly reccommend the strips, they are fab! and really easy to apply! girls aloud's one are great and you can get them in boots for about 6/7 euro so you could get a few packs and have a test run! but if you're not sure on how to do it maybe get it done professionally.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I find individual ones easier to apply than strip lashes. I usually buy the Eylure ones in Boots, or most chemists. I wouldn't get the single individual ones though, because you'd be there all day applying them. I usually get the clustered ones, if that makes any sense (they're clusters of about three lashes, as opposed to doing it one at a time...). I would definitely recommend trying it out before though!

As was mentioned above, the Girls Aloud strip lashes are much simpler to apply than any other strip lashes I've tried. If you don't like the effect that you get from the individual ones, I'd try these! Personally, I like the Nicola and Kimberley ones but I'd also like to try the Nadine ones. Cheryl's are a little too black and spiky to look any-way natural, I think! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 lightangel

youtube.com are brilliant for tutorials and tips for application for anything like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

Are the Girls Aloud eyelashes good then? I see Boots have a deal on them for €5.20 at the moment. I'm looking for false eyelashes for this weekend so would they be worth a try? I've never tried false eyelashes before. Which ones are the best?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Sahrs

Shavata in Harvey Nicks do really good lashes..strips and individuals. They have loads of different styles of strips which cost €15 and do free application with them so you can go in as many times as u want and get them applied for free. The individuals cost €35.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 lauramcp

where are you based??

Lady has started in greystones, really nice and friendly, nice studio, www.uptomyeyes.ie

she does individual ones which last about a month or the strips if you want them just for the few days....

its a long process but looks great and well worth it!!
    and if you go in for monthly maintenance they'll last longer....

such a small thing but makes a huge difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Corb wrote: »
    Are the Girls Aloud eyelashes good then? I see Boots have a deal on them for €5.20 at the moment. I'm looking for false eyelashes for this weekend so would they be worth a try? I've never tried false eyelashes before. Which ones are the best?

Yes they are good, you can pick them up in river island as well...but they are €6.50!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭snooleen

Thanks everyone! Tried the eyelure individual lashes, on sale in boots for 5.20. They were difficult to apply, it took me ages and they didnt stay on for long, although they said they would last a few weeks. I know that its because I didnt apply them properly. Im gonna keep practising with them because they give you loads, and theyre re-usable. Ill definately try the girls aloud strip lashes though, I was reluctant because Ive had trouble with strip lashes before, but hopefully the application tutorials will help :) thanks again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Assets Model

The girls aloud ones are deadly I wore them on my wedding day and only started practicing with them about a week before they're really easy and they stayed on me all day/night. YOu definitely do need to get the good glue they sell in MAC for about 25 euro that makes all the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭pe-cze

Im working with fake eyelashes using a one-to-one method. It takes about 2h to get it done and im charging 50 euro . effect is great and stays on for about 3-4 weeks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement