Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What program do Anime producers use to animate?

Options
  • 27-08-2009 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

What program do Anime producers use to animate? I'm asking because I've tried a bunch like flash/Ps3 .ect. But I can't even comprehend how they could be used to make Animes/Movies.

I'm basically looking for the Photoshop of animation. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

which anime's are you thinking of? Different studios use different methods. A large majority of anime uses traditional animation [ie hand drawn animation] though tv shows tend to use alot of cuts and limited animation and most would use computers for composite and camera moves.

If your looking for computer programs TV paint is a program alot of studios are switching to for animation, there's also others like Animo and Toon Boom but most animated films would user several different programs as you wouldn't use the same program to colour as you would for sound breakdown or for camera movements etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭click4444

Anime Studio or Manga Studio but as far as I know most of it is hand drawn with pencil and paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rhubarbular

It really depends on what programs you have and just figuring out if you can achieve your desired result with them... Have you done the hand drawn animation and are you just trying to composite or are you starting from scratch?

If you have CS3 already, AfterEffects is super-great for compositing purposes, and making motion graphics. :3

• Registered Users Posts: 18 endaoconnor

You could use a 3d program (such as Blender etc) then use cell shading.

Advertisement