Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Walker in Cork??

Options
  • 27-08-2009 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    Just wondering if there would be a market for dog walkers in Cork city??

I love dogs and love to take them for walks. But seeing as I live in a rented house I'm not alowed to get one of my own :(
    So I'm asking you guys, do you think people in the city would pay for me to walk their dogs for an hour most week nights after 6pm?

If so what would I need to do to get myself out there?
    And what would be the "going rate" per hour for this type of service??

Thanks in advance for any help given guys :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭votejohn

Hiya,

I've been working as a dog walker in Cork City for the past year and a half.

To be honest I dont get any requests to walk dogs in the evening, its all mid day walks while their owners are in work. The only evening walks are if their owners are on holidays, and that would include morning and afternoon walks too.

Business has really quietened down over the last few months, i've been getting less and less new clients but Im still tipping away.

You might be better off setting yourself up as a house sitter that takes care of peoples houses and pets while they are away as an alternative to kennels, and providing security to their homes.

any questions, my email address is info@thedoghouse.ie

All the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭annefitzy

As I know you and I know your love for animals if you get your self set up, I would be looking to use you as a back up to feed kitty Cats when I have to go to the uk;)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sweetnjuicy

W at home 2 days a week. hat sucks is that my job just became full time so im only at home 2 days a week.
    So I dont have the time during the day to walk dogs but I love them so much.

And Eamon's being mean cuz he says im only aloud to foster every 6 months :(
    Cuz the guys I live with are cranky

Advertisement