Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 new slrs announced today

• 27-08-2009 8:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭

three new sony slrs intoduced today

sony a500

12mpix cmos
    100-12800 iso
    5fps
    live view

sony a550

14.7mpix Cmos
    7fps
    100-12800iso
    live view

A550_2tone_1855_right_001.jpg

sony a850

24.5mpix (full frame)
    3fps
    98% view finder
    other specs same as a900
    rrp £1100-1200

A850.jpg

Three new lenses aswell

28-75 f2.8 ssm (bundled with a850)
    500mm ssm G f4
    30mm f2.8

I'm very interested in the a550, 7fps should make a nice wildlife and sports cam. :D

also full frame for under 1200 pound seems great

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Loved my Minolta and with Sony now haven taken over Konica Minolta cameras these are sure to be top of the range if they use the best of both companies.

If I had the money to start all over agin I would be highly tempted to go to Sony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭duffarama

Sony "full frame" camera + Zeiss lenses would be amazing to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

duffarama wrote: »
    Sony "full frame" camera + Zeiss lenses would be amazing to have.

yes the zeiss 24-70 or 16-35 and the a900 seems to be an awsome combination for any landscape or studio photographer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

good news for us sony owners :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Damn you Candyman!!
    When I read thread title I was hoping there would be some Canon's in there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

Yeh think i will be getting a 550 :)
    7fps is what i want, hopefully iso performance will be greatly improved. i look forward to a review.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

7fps is when exposure and focus is locked though. But 5fps is very impressive already.

Thirdfox wrote: »
    7fps is when exposure and focus is locked though. But 5fps is very impressive already.

along with the fastest live view auto focus of any make. I'm looking at the a550 with great interest........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

and the viewfinder is as large as the 500D/D5000 (though will it be as bright?)

Thirdfox wrote: »
    and the viewfinder is as large as the 500D/D5000 (though will it be as bright?)

on alphamountworld.com, they said the preview models vf was every bit as good as the one on the d5000. A big step up from ''the light at the end of the tunnel'' a350.

• Advertisement

5fps is still better than my a200. but still no DOF preview button or mirror lock up either :( sigh. I think I want a camera somewhere between the a550 and the a850 (some people are never satisfied :rolleyes::D)

Crispin wrote: »
    5fps is still better than my a200. but still no DOF preview button or mirror lock up either :( sigh. I think I want a camera somewhere between the a550 and the a850 (some people are never satisfied :rolleyes::D)

The a700!

Still a top range camera, image quality is still as good as a d90 or 50d

Get one before there withdrawn :pac:

landyman wrote: »
    The a700!

Still a top range camera, image quality is still as good as a d90 or 50d

Get one before there withdrawn :pac:

sorry, should've added "and great iso performance"

Doesn't have the fancy new exmor cmos sensor does it or the bionz processor??

on the plus point a550 is reasonably priced for it's features (who really gives a sh*t about video on an slr anyway??)

Advertisement