Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refuse collection in Cork City

Options
  • 27-08-2009 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

I've just moved into my new place in the City and I'm totally clueless about how refuse works. I've got a 2009 sticker on my bin (it was there when I arrived) and I've got a bunch of City Council recyclable bags.

Is my bin paid for the year? Do I need to also buy tags? How do I go about distinguishing between recyclable waste and other waste (do I just put other waste in different colour bags)?

Apologies for the ridiculously naive questions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

You will still need to buy tags every time you put your bin out. As for the recycling, I think its written on the bags what your allowed to put in them.

More info here http://www.corkcorp.ie/ourservices/environment/wasteoperations/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

JimBob85 wrote: »
    You will still need to buy tags every time you put your bin out. As for the recycling, I think its written on the bags what your allowed to put in them.

And do I just use different bags (not the transparent recyclable ones) for my non-recyclable waste or how does it work?

daveyjoe wrote: »
    And do I just use different bags (not the transparent recyclable ones) for my non-recyclable waste or how does it work?

Anything you cant recycle goes in your wheelie bin

JimBob85 wrote: »
    Anything you cant recycle goes in your wheelie bin
    Ah! So do you need a tag if you want to just leave out recyclable stuff? Also, is there any easy way to find out when bin collection day is (ringing the council or asking a neighbour, isn't easy enough for me, lol)?

Thanks for the help by the way, much appreciated.

Ah! So do you need a tag if you want to just leave out non-recyclable stuff? Also, is there any easy way to find out when bin collection day is (ringing the council or asking a neighbour, isn't easy enough for me, lol)?

Thanks for the help by the way, much appreciated.

Well mine is collected on a Tuesday. One week they take the bin , the next they take your recycling. Ask a neighbour which day yours will be collected

• Advertisement

Ok, so do I need a tag if I just want to put out recyclable stuff?

Ok, so do I need a tag if I just want to put out recyclable stuff?

No just for your bin. So you will need a tag every second week. Think they are 6 euro

Thanks a million JimBob you're a star.

Glad to help

Advertisement