Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NEC Bike Show '09

• 27-08-2009 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭

Anyone going to this?

Anyone keen on going to this?

I was thinking of going for a day.

Both Ryanair and Aerlingus have relatively cheap flights - weekday flights are cheaper, but the Saturday flights are not too bad.

The cost for the whole day - flights, entrance and food - should be less than €100.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Nah. I've been a couple of times and it was ok.

I promised myself a visit to the Milan bike show this year so I'm saving up for three days over there. HOOOOGE bike show, HOOOOOGe bicycle show, proper flossies and decent grub in the evening. Bellisimo...

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

I'm heading over with 2 mates. 1st Dec for me €20 for flights inc. charges. I hope it'll be a bit quieter during the week. I was there before bout 8 years ago, stayed overnight and had an absolute ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I was at the last show - it was a good day if you're going to browse & a great day if your going to buy- what I would say is dont give yourself too much time - we booked flights landing at 8am and leaving at 8pm and it was a bit too much - we ended up just waiting around for ages.. if you give yourself 4 hours in the NEC it will be fine and remember there is no travel involved in going from the airport to the NEC, they are both connected by a luas type thingy that takes 90seconds...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭gipi

I went to the NEC on a day trip last year and it worked out fine, though there was a bit of a to-do on the way back when all the bike show visitors tried to get onto the Ryanair flight....Ryanair were imposing their "one-bag-only" rule. One couple had to unwrap their purchases (including body armour) and wear it onto the plane! I'd brought an empty wheely bag for my show shopping, but had to wear the new bike boots as they wouldn't fit into it :D

Flew from Dublin at about 9.30/10am, spent all day at the show, got a flight home about 8pm so had lots of time for eats at the airport.

Advertisement