Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Night "spot"...

• 27-08-2009 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Trininty rooms
    Lodge
    Icon
    Angel lane
    Mollys
    Sin bin
    House party

Simple, Pick whichever you feel is the best way to spend a night out for college students in limerick..... All opinions welcome..
    I'l start the ball rolling.... I liked house party's as a change but very hard to keep people away from nightclubs for the whole night so ideally, house party...lodge...then back to house party for even more shenanigans!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Will a mod please set up a poll if at all possible!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

You can have a discussion if it goes somewhere...

I have my doubts. Prove my doubts unfounded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭MiciG91

I love the lodge ! only been there twice had to repeat :( but i got my course so plenty more nights at the lodge:) but nutin beats a good house party . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Hmm the Lodge tops my list, just always have a good laugh in there and meet people I know.
    Mollys is a close second, top floor is always a good laugh.
    Icon can be fairly good at times.

You haven't them mentioned but I also like Costellos and Bakers.

And ya we always have house parties before we head out, all the more fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 aaronlippy

is there much promos in the lodge?? how much do they generally charge??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 starfish1

the hurlers is mad craic, get the free passes into the lodge from there and then go to a house party-classic!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SmellySockies

The lodge has to be best and you can walk to it :D. Icon is good and trinity rooms can be good sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

Anyone going to the Moustache Party in Trinity Rooms tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

No love for Costellos?
    It's a really **** venue, but the music is exactly my cup of tea and it truly is the "it's great if you make it great" place in Limerick imo.

Besides Costellos I like the Lodge, but Sir Baralot (despite his name) is most fond of the aul House Session!

Going to have to post my vote for Mollys in this one!!!

Have loved the place for four years and will continue you to love it!!!

FREE IN + Class Craic!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jkeire

I have a soft spot for Costelloes. I know a lot of the crowd that goes there and nothing beats and ice cold can of cider there. It said in one magazine that if Father Ted owned a night club, it would be Costelloes.

I also love a quiet night out in Scholars/Javas.

I just came back from my first time in the Trinity Rooms.
    Holy mary on a stick.
    The place is massive.
    Nothing has that much floor space in Cork!

Was quiet enough and don't know how it compares to other night spots but I had good fun and have noticed that the men in Limerick have way more fun and dance more than those at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mid

snazzy wrote: »
    I just came back from my first time in the Trinity Rooms.
    Holy mary on a stick.
    The place is massive.
    Nothing has that much floor space in Cork!

Was quiet enough and don't know how it compares to other night spots but I had good fun and have noticed that the men in Limerick have way more fun and dance more than those at home.

Does anyone know which is the best place to go on thursday night or whats on in the stables tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

on regular thursdays I love Trinity Rooms however you can't go wrong with the Lodge. Always a great crowd in there! :)

As far as I know Knights Of Leon are playing the stables tonight... however I'm not 100% sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ni ni

Costello's!! Flan is the Man!

deise_boi wrote: »
    on regular thursdays I love Trinity Rooms however you can't go wrong with the Lodge. Always a great crowd in there! :)

As far as I know Knights Of Leon are playing the stables tonight... however I'm not 100% sure

Thanks, I ended up just going to the stables, it was quite good, except it closes very early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Mallox

went to the lodge tuesday and thursday night . it was packed to the rim both nights but it has to be said there was way too many fellas there. trinity rooms is the spot for mary i students i hear .. hmm mite head there next week ..

anything excitin happenin for freshers week???

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MmmmmCheese

Theres a **** school party on monday which you have to wear your old uniform to. Wish i hadnt thrown mine out now!

On Thursday S Club 7 are playin, although theres only 3 members left now so i guess they're calles S Club 3?

Mollys is my favourite place to go in Limerick by a long shot. I also like Bakers and Costellos for the music when the mood strikes. From my one night in the stables i have found it to be a very enjoyble place!

Never liked Trinity Rooms, i find it very overrated and not a big fan of the crowd or the music. I've only been to The Lodge twice but I don't particularly like i either. Can't put my finger on it but theres just somethin about it that i dont like.

Mods..... have we earned a poll yet???

Its getting tiresome reading through the whole list when a graph could show the sentiments in a second!!!

Just Sayin!!!

mid wrote: »
    Thanks, I ended up just going to the stables, it was quite good, except it closes very early.
    Last semester the stables started trying this late night type thing, (excuse my poor english I've been speaking only german for a week), anyway I think it was on thursday nights that they stayed open to 2am or so.
    It was a big success in my opinion and I'd say they'll do it again this year.
    Maybe someone has more information

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

1huge1 wrote: »
    Last semester the stables started trying this late night type thing, (excuse my poor english I've been speaking only german for a week), anyway I think it was on thursday nights that they stayed open to 2am or so.
    It was a big success in my opinion and I'd say they'll do it again this year.
    Maybe someone has more information

That was due to applying for and being granted a late licence from the courts. As a club licence (I think there's another thread about the Stables and membership), the Stables is entitled to apply for a certain number of late nights (i.e. serving until 1.30am I think it is) per year. IIRC I think it's nine per calendar year.

Of course being entitled to apply for them does not mean getting them as the Club needs to go to court and have them granted by the judge if there are no objections (which usually come from local residents who are against the boisterous activity that students provide in the estates on a continual basis). The Stables was entitled to, but didn't, apply for them in previous years.

So, there may be late nights in the coming academic year (and I suspect that there will be) but if student behaviour in the locality is particularly bad, then I would say that the management committee will choose not to go to court for late licences in that this will aggravate tensions and possible endanger the renewal of the regular licence under which it operates (that renewal should be coming up soon too, afaik).

The late nights were great craic altogether and really went off well in terms of campus atmosphere and security as well as raising money for clubs & societies (there was a €2 or €3 on-the-door donation into a bucket) and they'd be great to have again over the coming year.

So, moral of the story for more late licences is: be good and play nicely in the estates, kids.

Ya thats Bluedolphin for clearing that up, I think its a good idea for residents because it keeps the students on campus generally away from the housing estates unlike the lodge which sends them in every direction.
    It would probably work in the favour of the local residents but then again ya never know, Irish people can be very odd

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Lopper

Costelloe's and the Lodge. In Costelloes, if for some reason you're on the pull, leave before the lights come on. ;-) Otherwise stay for the RATM/Led Zep mosh up!

Can't beating strolling down to The Lodge and strolling back though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

VIVA EL LODGINGTON!!!

aka the Lodge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

ni ni wrote: »
    Costello's!! Flan is the Man!
    Is it not Fran? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Mallox

really liking mollys. Got lots of free fat frogs there on monday night. :D trinity rooms was briliant pity not more people wore there uniforms though

FLA cancelled in Stables tonight? Is this true?!

snazzy wrote: »
    FLA cancelled in Stables tonight? Is this true?!

yes its postponed until 15th Sept

http://www.ulsu.ie/news/flapostponed

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Baker's and costello's for the win! The music and clinentelle of all the other joints do my head in. (except for all you boardsies of course) :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Baker's and costello's for the win! The music and clinentelle of all the other joints do my head in. (except for all you boardsies of course) :rolleyes:
    :rolleyes: dont be that guy...

Advertisement