Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Night "spot"...

2»

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'm a "that guy"? Well that sucks. :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I'm a "that guy"? Well that sucks. :(

I can't believe you used rolleyes there... :rolleyes:

Molly's has its charms, once you don't go there too often.
    Trinity Rooms can be fun. But, it's impossible to have a conversation when things get busy, and it's always more expensive for drinks.
    I like Baker Place, but The Wicked Chicken is the jewell in that area's crown.
    Costello's do the best music, but the door charge annoys me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭cson

An File wrote: »
    I
    Trinity Rooms can be fun. But, it's impossible to have a conversation when things get busy, and it's always more expensive for drinks.

Schtop with your nonsense, crouching tiger hidden naggin it ;)

Depends on my mood but I'll sum it up;

Molly's: Strange crowd, never seem to enjoy it there, the odd good drinks offer, bouncers are ****ers for telling you to go get a coffee.

Icon: Smell of gack in there.

Trinity: Love it when your going out proper. Once a week is plenty. Sometimes once a fortnight is better. You'll ruin it by going all the time.

Lodge: Lazy option. Indifferent so far to it despite 2 years here. Hated it first year, loved it second year.

SinBin: I loved in 1st year haven't been there since.

Chicken Hut: You have to go here after every night out in the city or Santa Claus won't come to you. True story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jkeire

cson wrote: »
    Chicken Hut: You have to go here after every night out in the city of Santa Claus won't come to you. True story.

Don't forget Pameers! Always a good alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blondiegirl2009

Went to Trinity Rooms last week for my first time. It was very good I must say, but maybe thats because Im comparing it to the club at home :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Molly's: too young

Trinity Rooms: too full of poser-wannabes (like cson)

Icon: too full of knacks and pervs (although that's at the weekend; I haven't been there mid-week in years. Tuesday nights used to be good craic in my younger days)

Angel Lane: too full of actual posers

Sin Bin: too far away from everything/anything

Costello's: need to be in the right mood for it

Lodge: just right.

The first time I went to the Lodge was the end of November when I was in first year; I survived that long without having been there. By fourth year it was the only place I went. Got lazy in old age. No need to dress up; can sit on a stool in our corner nicely nestled between the DJ box and the bar; can watch the drunken tomfoolery of the young'uns lurching for each other and be entertained by the ones being thrown out as they're dragged kicking and screaming (usually literally) out the door beside us.

It was sort of embarrassing when I went last week and the security on the door said, "Welcome back, Bluedolphin", given that I hadn't been there all summer due to its non-opening. :o For shame. And that's when you know it's time to stop going somewhere. :pac:

Lodge, ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

It was sort of embarrassing when I went last week and the security on the door said, "Welcome back, Bluedolphin", given that I hadn't been there all summer due to its non-opening. :o For shame. And that's when you know it's time to stop going somewhere. :pac:

Lodge, ftw!

And that they refer to you as Bluedolphin??

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Hmmm in 4th year now and I feel like I should be branching out more.

Angel lane has done great things for my UL experience. I love the place, I always have good craic there. Although some of my friends could use some sat nav to get around the place. Also the bouncers are fairly easy going.

The lodge.....aye the lazy option but living in the cedars means it's on my doorstep so I cant be balmed. I do get sick of the place from time to time and I dont like the fact that they have stopped the free nights but its the lodge.

I have never really had a good night in Icon....instead of doing laps like the lodge I found myself going up and down the stairs all night....gets kinda boring after a while.

Trinity rooms - I used to hate the place but I had a good saturday night there last semester so I might try it again. Whats suppose to be the best night during the week?

Mollys, havent been there in a while - they layout is a bit odd.

Have never been to Sin Bin....am I missing out.

And as for Costellos Im not sure. I've been there twice, dont remember the first time and the second time was a bit of a disapointment.

Bakers: See my comment on Sin Bin.

Advertisement