Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VB.Net Application Development Foundation 70-536

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

The MCTS training kit book covers most of the stuff on the exam and if you are familar with .NET in general.

Depending on your background (web, win or dist) some of the stuff will be easier to comprehend.

But make sure you get the errata for the book (http://certsandprogs.blogspot.com/2009/06/ms-press-training-kits-errata-and.html)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Hi Nial,

Thanks for the quick responce. Good blog too by the way. Do you know of anyone who has actually taken this online course from FAS?

http://www.ecollege.ie/site/pages/courses/modules/VBasicFound/vBasicFound.html

Thanks for the pointer towards the errata for the book. I hear the training kit has lots of mistakes.

FYI my background is about a year of system testing, a year of second tier support and about 5 months VB.Net development in an enterprise distributed environment as part of a systems integration consultancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

I dont know anyone who has done that course so I cant tell you anything about it.

If this is the standard MOC for 70-536 then you will probably find it just so-so and maybe even boring.

The 70-536 First edition kit had a lot of mistakes as it was rushed to market so they brought out a second edition (which has only 1 set of errata).

Because 70-536 is version agnostic due to the fact that .NET 2,0 and 3,5 use the same version of the CLR there is no reason why it shouldnt be up to date. Its a non trivial exam that forces you to learn some more of the fundamentals of the framework that you possibly would not use if you didnt need it. Things like AppDomains and parts of the Graphics libs.

You will probably need to bone up on certain aspects but if you are familiar with Generics, Threading, Compression, Security you shouldnt find this exam too bad...

Try a sample test from MeasureUp and see how you score

Advertisement