Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photography Portfolio

Options
  • 27-08-2009 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭

Hey all. I was going to post this in College section but I reckon I'd have more luck here.

I have an interview on Tuesday for a media plc course. For it I am required to bring a portfolio of my work.

I have photos I think I could use for it but the problem is I have a short time to get it togeter and no time to figure out what a portfolio requires!

Does anyone here have any expierence in putting one together and could offer advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Get a folder is a must anyway, I didn't think that mattered and I was very very wrong. Get some A4 prints of your favourite photos stick them in the folder job done.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

Is it just a normal folder?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Is it just a normal folder?

No no, like one of the professional looking portfolio ones..

Kinda like this: http://jeffwerner.ca/images/journal/portfolio-case.jpg

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Ohh and you stick stuff into it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Yep - Get a good one, presentation is very important.

They'll last for years too.

Most art shop stock them, or you can buy online, you can spend anything from 15 quid to 200 quid for them.

• Advertisement

And do they have like pages that you stick onto?

It looks like a suitcase.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Yep, they should have plastic sheets to put them into, with black paper - If you buy some Spraymount, and get a ruler, you can spray the prints onto the paper to get it looking that bit better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

when i went to an interview for a photography PLC all i did was bring photos, didn't have time to put them in a folder or anything, they just had a quick glance at them, the entire interview took about 10 minutes, most was him explaining the course, and really just asked if i was interested in photography, I was told there and then that I had a place as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

kateos2 wrote: »
    when i went to an interview for a photography PLC all i did was bring photos, didn't have time to put them in a folder or anything, they just had a quick glance at them, the entire interview took about 10 minutes, most was him explaining the course, and really just asked if i was interested in photography, I was told there and then that I had a place as well.

Where was that? What kind of course? PLC? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Where was that? What kind of course? PLC? :confused:

stillorgan college of further education, it's a one year course, aimed at making a portfolio for going into a photography degree.
    there's more info on it here

• Advertisement
Advertisement