Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First of its kind traffic light in Killygordon.

Options
  • 27-08-2009 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

I was reading in one of the local papers of a new traffic calming/traffic light system that is soon to be installed in Killygordon.

Basically it works by reading the speed of an incoming vehicle and if the vehicle is travelling at a speed greater than 50kph the light will turn red and you will be forced to stop.If you obey the speed restriction the light will remain green and you may continue your journey uninterrupted.

Not a bad idea.First of its kind in Ireland according to the article.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Great idea. Unless of course you are doing 50 or less and the eejit in the car infront that just overtook you is doing 80 and you have to stop behind him at the lights. A speed camera might be more useful but it is ingenious and it will be interesting to see how it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Lobster

Sounds good, but the drivers coming behind the car that breaks the speed limit won't be impressed! I for one wouldn't like to be seen behind the wheel of the first car waiting at the red lights, so hopefully more will feel the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭puffdragon

I wonder if you were doing 125mph would you beat the aul light and leave the boy behind you stuck, ah but then there wouldent be anybody behind you would there? ( except maybe a squad car) Anyway we`ll have to listen to Highland Radio after they have it installed to find out whats wrong with it, On a similar note I see someone (probably in a lorry) took a big lump out of Castlefinn bridge, you know the one they were trying to protect by installing traffic lights,Hmmmm!

Advertisement