Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buy new suit with good suit in part-exchange ?

• 27-08-2009 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hi all,

I hope this isn't a silly question and even if it is then I hope you don't mind..

I'm looking to buy a new suit because I lost a bit of weight recently. As such I was just wondering if there are any places which accept a good suit in part-exchange?
    One of my currently too big suits is a good suit and hasn't been worn too much (bought it last year for about €300).
    Ideally I'm looking to buy a nice fitting suit (something bet. €150 to 250) as it will be a work suit.

Would any place accept a suit in part-exchange?

Even better of course would be a place who would simply swap suits given respective values - but I guess thats just not the real world!?

Hope you can help,
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Could you have the suit altered? I would think that unless the weight-loss is significant it should be able to be altered. It would work out significantly cheaper than buying a new suit, I would think

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

hey, you should head up to 'the outlet' in Banbridge just 10 mins past newry on the M1. there are 3 or 4 suit shops, and they are dirt cheap. i got a lovely suit there for 56 sterling!! last weekend and i think they are doing 2 siuts for 100 sterling. its well worth the trip..........

edit: the suit i got was reduced from £350

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 DreamingOfABoat

thanks for your replies
    Cutie PC - I altered a suit before and it didn't work out at all well... The shoulders were too broad, and the trousers were a bit baggy. Perhaps it was the quality of the alterer too..

Paulyh - Banbridge, good idea. If up that direction could pop in.

Thanks again

Advertisement