Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting Plastic Oil Tanks

Options
  • 27-08-2009 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been covered before but I did a search and couldn't find a thread.
    I have a typical green plastic oil tank and it sticks out like a sore thumb. Is there a type of paint/undercoat that I can use to help it blend in with the rest of the house?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Payton

I had the same problem, I got a couple of fence panels and boxed off the tank and it loos great. Just leave yourself enough room to enable you to shut off the tank if required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Thanks On The Verge. That was to be my Plan B but I wouldn't mind trying the paint first. In my mind though, I see it peeling as the tank might expand and contract during the year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Probably not the same thing, but my OH went off and bought a whole lot of plastic flower boxes (white) for our window ledges while I was painting the front windows. She then decided (as they do) that her new boxes didn't match the house paint, so as an easy way out I painted them with the same gloss paint that I had used on the house -- no primer or any such fanciful things, stuck it straight on. Three years later and a good dose of Irish weather the flower boxes remain fine and glossy, with no peeling, while the window frames need painting again. :D

Advertisement