Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Used my WHM visa - any way back?

Options
  • 27-08-2009 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm 25, but used my working hoiliday visa in 2005 (only used 3 months of it too).

Is there any way i could get a second working holiday visa?

I was born in Derry so i'd be entitled to a british passport - if i were to reapply with that, would be able to get a visa?

Also heard of changing name to Irish then reapplying - anyone have any ideas if either of these two strategies works?

Thanks,

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/37010-2nd-working-holiday-visa.html

same question, by the sounds of it, it appears to be illegal, as it's an agreement between you and the Australian Gov.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Beachband

Mate there is NO WAY around getting another WHV.
    Have a look at one of my previous threads about it, I didn't even get to use mine, no way around it.
    Those two options you mentioned, I wouldn't even think about it, they will not work, many people have tried and failed by trying that.

Your real options are:
    Apply for a student visa for OZ = expensive
    Ge a 6 month tourist visa(you can legally get 12 months out of it in Oz) when your there apply for sponsorship.
    Apply for a skilled migrant visa = if your profession is on the skills shortage list.
    There are a couple of others, but the WHV has been used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Mod warning - we do not allow disussion of ways to illiegally enter/stay in Aus or NZ so please keep the discussion to legitimate ways the OP can go back to Aus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I think the question is why do you want a Second WHV when you barely stayed the first time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭rivermetimbers

Zambia232 wrote: »
    I think the question is why do you want a Second WHV when you barely stayed the first time...

is that any of your business as to their reasons???check out www.immi.gov.au and follow the links to see the different visa options, there are loads of 100% legal ways to reenter, albiet on a more permantent basis, like skilled migrant visa and so on, though these will involve paperwork, time and money.good luck, i would give my right arm to go back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

there are loads of 100% legal ways to reenter, albiet on a more permantent basis, like skilled migrant visa and so on, though these will involve paperwork, time and money.good luck, i would give my right arm to go back!

its not as easy as your think it involves having the correct skills, qualifcations and experience.

It not anything like applying for a WHV.. which is a gift compared to most other visas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 labarmand

Hi,
    You cannot change your name to Irish or use a British passport. People got away with the passport change for a while but the aussies have copped onto it. Because passports are mainly digital now, its almost impossible to fool any immigration authorities.
    The best thing to do is either go for a holiday or apply for a working visa. They have loads of options for visas and if you meet the points system it can be pretty easy. (but costs about 2000 dollars).
    Just go to www.immi.gov.au and you can get all info there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

UglyDave wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm 25, but used my working hoiliday visa in 2005 (only used 3 months of it too).

Is there any way i could get a second working holiday visa?

I was born in Derry so i'd be entitled to a british passport - if i were to reapply with that, would be able to get a visa?

Also heard of changing name to Irish then reapplying - anyone have any ideas if either of these two strategies works?

Thanks,

Dave

Do you watch "Nothing to Declare"?

In one of the episodes, a guy from NI with dual citizenship tried the same thing. He was caught by immigration on the way in and sent back on the next plane.

They will catch you and you will be deported if you try this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

jahalpin wrote: »
    Do you watch "Nothing to Declare"?

In one of the episodes, a guy from NI with dual citizenship tried the same thing. He was caught by immigration on the way in and sent back on the next plane.

They will catch you and you will be deported if you try this.

Nothing to Declare is actually called 'Border Security' in Australia, and you are right it will never work now.

For mods information the Irish/British passport 'loop-hole' was never technically illegal it was a legal loop-hole that has now been closed.

But any atempt to use false documents to enter Australia will cop you a 3 year ban.... plus you will have a lot of explaining to the Irish Authroities.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

Beachband wrote: »
    Your real options are:
    Ge a 6 month tourist visa(you can legally get 12 months out of it in Oz)

Hey mate, any chance you could let me know how this works?
    I'm just puzzled as to how you can get 12 months out of a six month tourist visa!

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

hey mods please edit this if its not allowed but I am currently using a visa agent for my skilled migration visa. I find them great always up front and the first to contaact me with any updates that I need or affect me!!

If you have any questions or what someone to do the work for you check them out www.visafirst.com

Pm me if you want any I can give you my agents name.

Sorry mods if this isnt allowed here I'm new to this

sharky86 wrote: »

If you have any questions or what someone to do the work for you check them out www.visafirst.com

When you say do the work for you ,please expand do they fill out all the documents for you?

Or do they simply give you a list of the documents you need to fill out? Then submit them for you?

well for me they sent me a complete list of documents to get together at start. along there application forms. granted took me a few weeks to get everything wit following up wit employers and what not yeno for references.

set everything back into them they reviewed it and called me on day with a full set of questions they needed answered. i application got very complex for me any how in march with a few changes been introdused the the aussies and the birth of a little girl shortly afterwards and they have been great always followed up wit me, filled in forms for me when they had my signature on them, set up bank accounts , arranged a tax file number for me (tho I thnk I dont actaully get the number its self until im in the country) and have been told they can help me get interviews along the way.

I looked into doing it myself before hand and just seamed way to complex when you look at the assessment first (thinks this varies tho for different occuapations, mine done through egineers australia) you need 100% correct wording of references, correct detail, everything just needs to be bang on first time so decided to use an agent. there were local so took a chance on them - prob so Id have a face to shout at if things went wrong!! instead of using an agent in australia to whom i'd feel like a number yeno.

Granted I did have to do a bit of work at the start but thats obvious like ya cant expect anyone to know everything about you, or your past employers to give out a ref to just anyone like. they were good with me always up front and honest yeno. I'd recommend them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Traq wrote: »
    I'm just puzzled as to how you can get 12 months out of a six month tourist visa!

Cheers.
    http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/676/
    If granted, this visa will allow you either a single or multiple entry to Australia for a stay period of up to three, six or 12 months.

Cheers.

At the end of your intial 6 month stay you can leave and re-entry the country for a further 6 six months. Provided that the date on which you re-enter is within 365 days of your intial entry.

Meaning you can head to australia for 182 days leave again and head back in anywhere from 1 - 182 days later for another 6 months all on the one visa..

the same deal for the 3 month etc

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

sharky86 wrote: »
    At the end of your intial 6 month stay you can leave and re-entry the country for a further 6 six months. Provided that the date on which you re-enter is within 365 days of your intial entry.

Meaning you can head to australia for 182 days leave again and head back in anywhere from 1 - 182 days later for another 6 months all on the one visa..

the same deal for the 3 month etc

Wow, never heard of it working that way to be honest. It seems a bit strange to me but I'll read up a bit more on it as I've friends on the tourist visa who could really benefit from this!

Cheers lads.

Cheers Sharky its good to hear what they are offering as sometimes they do sell it as doing the paperwork for you.

Even when you have this service its a shedload of work

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Beachband

Wow, never heard of it working that way to be honest. It seems a bit strange to me but I'll read up a bit more on it as I've friends on the tourist visa who could really benefit from this!

Cheers lads.

Ya mate its a fact to do it this way, you get 12 months if you want to out of a 6 month visa.
    So you go to OZ, leave 1 day before it reaches 6 months(go to NZ, Phuket etc for a day, a week whatever) go back to Oz and you will have another 6 months there.
    My visa company(mentioned already on here) told me I can do this if I want to, its perfectly legal.
    Just to add, You only ever pay for the one Visa(so your original 6 month visa gets you a year - 12 months)

Advertisement