Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working Holiday Visa - Processing time

Options
  • 27-08-2009 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Im sorry if this has been asked before but couldnt find it if it has.

How long does it take to get a working/holiday visa for Aus?

Someone told me it takes a long time but was under the impression that wasnt the case.

Leaving Ireland end of Oct and arriving Australia the end of January.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 UglyDave

if my memory servers me correctly (and if things haven't changed) then it takes about 2 days.

If u apply online that is....

pretty quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Cheers - thats what I thought :D

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

Applied for mine last week and it was approved two days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

I applied online, and it took 3 hours. Got an e-mail back sayin my Visa was granted. happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Beachband

I applied online a couple of years ago, it only took about 2 hours
    Mackman how is the winter in Mandurah?
    Was there before, nice spot, heading back to WA next month, was wondering what kind of a winter are ye having there?

• Advertisement

Beachband wrote: »
    I applied online a couple of years ago, it only took about 2 hours
    Mackman how is the winter in Mandurah?
    Was there before, nice spot, heading back to WA next month, was wondering what kind of a winter are ye having there?

Its flippin cold,and by cold i mean 10-15degrees :) very wet too, its been raining for months! cant wait for the summer. It should start heating up in a few weeks.
    Yeah Mandurah's a nice enough sot, pretty boring though. but the train up to Perth is really handy, can go up, go for a few beers and catch the train home

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Beachband

Ya that sounds like the job, nice one mate with the train and beers.
    At least ye will have all that sunshine in the next couple of months.

Has Perth been battered with the same winter ye are having in Mandurah?
    Jes I remember when I was in WA last, and driving from Mandurah back to Perth, all the trees and house damage etc from the storms, they certainly get real storms there alright.

Still cant wait to get back there, livin the life, just in time for the spring.

yeah Perth's pretty much the same. We've had some pretty bad storms alright, the thunder and lighning is AWESOME :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Mine was 3 hours too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 MB81

applied online in june and was rang about 2 minutes later wont take long at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

How about for New Zealand is it the same amount of time? How much dose that one cost? Thinking I might go there after my year is up here.

Cant wait for the Summer Im in Melbourne, I might as well be at home the amount of rain Im seeing. Thing is everyone is happy its raining because it hasn't much the last couple of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Doc wrote: »
    How about for New Zealand is it the same amount of time? How much dose that one cost? Thinking I might go there after my year is up here.

Cant wait for the Summer Im in Melbourne, I might as well be at home the amount of rain Im seeing. Thing is everyone is happy its raining because it hasn't much the last couple of years.

I applied online. It took two days. If only my residency had taken that long too! :)

Advertisement