Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working Holiday Visa

Options
  • 27-08-2009 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi, I got myself a workin holiday visa for oz last november but due to circumstances couldnt go when i planned. i would still like to go, but after november when the visa will be expired.

i was wondering might it be possible to get an extension to the arrival date for the visa, or if the visa expired without being used could i get another one.

has anyone had a similar problem? any info would be greatly appreciated

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Borderline wrote: »
    Hi, I got myself a workin holiday visa for oz last november but due to circumstances couldnt go when i planned. i would still like to go, but after november when the visa will be expired.

i was wondering might it be possible to get an extension to the arrival date for the visa, or if the visa expired without being used could i get another one.

has anyone had a similar problem? any info would be greatly appreciated

cheers

I think you have to cancel it and reapply.
    http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/976/how-to-apply.htm
    see the part about "Working Holiday visa (subclass 417) holders"

and teh weblink for the form is
    http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/email/eform-processing-centres.htm?35

so yes it can be done, but you need to cancel it first

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Beachband

No you don't need to cancel it.
    You would only need to cancel an Oz WHV if you were still going to Oz, but only for a holiday(using an ETA visa), then you would get onto Oz immi and asked them to cancel it, cos if you didn't your WHV would be activated automatically by entering OZ.
    If you are planning on going next year for example, then just let the WHV expire, it hasn't been used.
    Then you apply for another one, when you want to go to OZ - again will be no problem getting another WHV as you haven't used the first one.

Your only possibility for you needing to cancel your present WHV would be, if you are going on 31 before your 1st WHV expires, then you would have to inform Oz immi to cancel you present WHV, so that you can apply for another one.
    All of this is presuming your still under 31?

These are all the possibilities mate, and they are fact.

So if your not near turning 31 any time soon, just let the WHV expire, no need to contact Oz immi, as your not going to Oz for a holiday between now and November.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

I was in the same boat got one last august08 and couldnt go.. Was shi**ing it that i wouldnt get another.. Rang visa first and they said no problem... Relief... So gonna get another soon please go..

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Borderline

cheers everyone, thats a relief

Im wondering also will the visas be harder to get now that theres less demand for workers

any idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Borderline wrote: »
    cheers everyone, thats a relief

Im wondering also will the visas be harder to get now that theres less demand for workers

any idea?

not harder to get ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement