Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signal strength teaser

Options
  • 27-08-2009 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

I have sky multi-room. ON the sky+ box there has been a problem with channel 4, E4 and scuzz for the last few weeks. Flickering picture or no signal at all. I checked the signal strength and one of the signals was good quality but only about 50-60% in strength. I switched the cables and was able to get all the channels on the other cable. I presume that it won't be able to record Channel 4, E4 or scuzz.
    I decided to check out the second box. Here the signal was lower in strength and quality (50% strength and 60% quality) BUT channel 4, E4 and scuzz were playing perfectly.

Anybody any idea what's going on.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Caoltan

stop feeding toast to the goddamn sky box. Seriously this is the third time this has happened Emer and I am not impressed. Get up to your room!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Could be one of the outputs from the dish is faulty, that particular cable is faulty or the cable is low quality and is taking in interference from a nearby cordless phone or other wireless device.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭frodi

Tony wrote: »
    Could be one of the outputs from the dish is faulty, that particular cable is faulty or the cable is low quality and is taking in interference from a nearby cordless phone or other wireless device.
    Thanks for the reply.
    I thought about this. I replaced the cable which improved the signal marginally. There are no cordless phones in the house and the only wireless device near it is a Wii. I checked all the cables from the dish to the outside wall and from the inside in and all seem fine. This only started about a month ago. The installation has been in place since we had building work done over a year ago when all of the external cables were replaced. I still have one spare connection on the dish so I might try switching it around and see if it is better on the spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Yep switching outputs should tell you whether one output on the lnb is faulty or not

frodi wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.
    I thought about this. I replaced the cable which improved the signal marginally. There are no cordless phones in the house and the only wireless device near it is a Wii. I checked all the cables from the dish to the outside wall and from the inside in and all seem fine. This only started about a month ago. The installation has been in place since we had building work done over a year ago when all of the external cables were replaced. I still have one spare connection on the dish so I might try switching it around and see if it is better on the spare.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement