Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Half Marathon in Oylgate Wexford 22/8/10

• 27-08-2009 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi all did anyone here about this ? or doing it?

Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Atmosphere, Value, Organisation 1 vote

5 stars (excellent)
    0%
    4 stars (good)
    0%
    3 stars (average)
    100%
    nordine 1 vote
    2 stars (poor)
    0%
    1 star (terrible)
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Yes I heard about it but the timing is all wrong for me I'm afraid with the adidas half on 6 days after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭griffin100

Anyone got a weblink for this race, Can't seem to find anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

http://oylegate.com/

Not too much info on the website, although there is a course map and a registration link...

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Nialloooo

im from the area and it lookings nice run,flat main road for the finish and some country roads to start.. might use it as i long training run cause not sure how well a gaa club will arrange it but suppose its to close to not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

This is my inlaw country or near enough to not matter. Lots of country back roads alright so it might be a runner (pardon the pun). I couldn't see details of price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

I signed up on their site now giving m details and ticking the box saying pay when you pick your no. up. Not much to be heard about this race which makes me wonder is it worth it?

I am doing the cork half the week before and the dublin the week after so this would more than likely be just another training run. What do ye think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭RJC

What time of the day does it start? this will have an impact on whether I could travel to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭HeavyRunner

Does anybody know when the results will be available

has anyone seen the results yet?? enjoyed the race but think they need to work on there before and after info the website is a joke not sure my €25 will go there again next year at this rate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 KILMOREAC

Nialloooo,

we have the main results on Wexford County web-site at this link.

http://www.athleticswexford.com/index.php/results/85-oylegate-half-marathon-a-10k-results-2009

Not much use to you. We will post the full results as soon as they are released from the organizers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭DustyBin

Hi Kilmoreac
    thats a great website thanks - never knew it existed
    will be keeping an eye on that for upcoming races

Hi Kilmoreac
    thanks very much, is i said i enjoyed the race and the waterstations etc were very well organised, and very happy to have another half in the county aftyer wexford in april, just wish there was more info in the website is all. Thanks ill keep an eye on your site

Yep. It's good to see more races. Up to about 2 years ago there was just 2. This year these was 8:-

Wexford Half
    Mysport 10k, Enniscorthy
    Kilmore Quay 5k
    Curracloe 10k
    Kilmore 10K
    Olyegate half
    New Ross 5k
    Ferns 4 mile

There was also the 'Open Trail series' of 3 races.

http://www.imra.ie/leagues/view/id/38/year/2009/

Some of the clubs also run leagues open to any one. Namely SBR and Slaney.

i heard great reports about the open trail, i hope to do a bit of it next year so the more events the better, helps the get people off the sofa and running to when thety have something to aim for locally.

Your web site lookes great and will defentally help keep me up to date and run more next year, keep up the good work

Full results now up at

http://www.athleticswexford.com/index.php/results/85-oylegate-half-marathon-a-10k-results-2009

There is a link to the offical results as well. I used OCR to extract the results and have checked them as much as I can. You should verify it against the officail site as well.

To make it that bit easier to follow whats going on in Athletics in Wexford you can now follow them on Twitter at

http://twitter.com/WexAthletics

I see another half-marathon organized for Wexford, that's 3 now. The Strawberry half-marathon takes place on Sunday, 27 June 2010 at 10:00am

Web-site not running yet at

www.strawberryhalfmarathon.com

On-line booking at
    http://www.runireland.com/events/2010-06-27/strawberry-half-marathon-2010

Hi Heavy Runner,
    i was just thinking that myself yesterday when i heard aount it, and all nicelly spaced appart.
    Is it ture the route will bring you out dividstown direction and back in the main road??
    And yes i do think running has become more poplour is its hard to stay on the footpaths in enniscorthy some night with the on coming runners i keep meeting lol

Hi Nialloooo,

know nothing more about as I don't live near Enniscorthy. A friend of mine pointed it out to me last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

Just spotted this and could suit me after missing the entry to the dublin 10 miler. How did it go last year, well organised? Good atmosphere? Scienic route? Basically is it worth my €25 and an early drive on a sunday morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭bewleys berry

Hi Ronnie, was a good little race, well organised, easy to get to, plenty of easy parking at gaa club and nice quiet roads to run on. Great spread after too which is always most welcome:D

the atmosphere was grand, although as u would expect with a small country half marathon it was basically one man and his dog spectating at the race;) the course is pretty hilly, but starts and finishes in the same general area so basically what goes up must come down then eh....... i did it last year and will do it again this year (as it's kinda local to me) and at 25euro i think it's a fair enough price....... it is the type of race though that u could end up running on ur own the whole way though i would reckon, if u were unlucky enough (just going on last years numbers), whereas something like this would never happen in dublin 10m etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

thanks for that, think will give it a go, will be a break from the dcm training slog, plus will travel far and wide for few buns and a cuppa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭nordine

3 stars (average)
    Me and 2 mates are gonna do this on Sunday. Im a little bit nervous since its my first time in any sort of a race. We have only been running since April and are up to about the 13 mile distance now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭webpal

Anyone know if you can register for this in the morning? I've tried the email address and phone number but no response. Website has last years route on it too. Anyone know anything about the route, water stations, start time (think its 10am) etc? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭bewleys berry

yeah i'm not registered for this either and will decide in the morning whether to do it or not..... i'm sure if any of us goes down wiith 25 brads in our paw they won't say no:D

there are water stations, plastic cups as far as i remember.....

route is generally on quiet country roads.......last few miles (before u turn back the last half mile or so for the gaa club at finish) are on the main enniscorthy wexford road, ie on the hard shoulder......

website is very poorly maintained............

by the way the rules and regulations on the website says the half begins at half nine and the 10k at 10........ the earlier the better...... 7 am would suit me even better!!

come to think of it maybe it was plastic bottles - i remember trying to aim my first one into somebodys open wheelie bin but missing :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭webpal

Cheers. He just rang back as you were typing! Half marathon starts at 10. If you turn about 9 or so there'll be no problem entering then. There are 5 water stations en route.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭nordine

3 stars (average)
    half-mar_2010.jpg

Advertisement